PDA

View Full Version : Couple of items for the Wish List

NewV
January 1st, 2007, 10:56 AM
Could be I'm just ignorant of these feature but 2 things I think would be useful:

1. In the scanner software the ability to locate a specific frame or the first occurance of a specific PID value. Say for example you want to move to the first data frame where the RPM PID is >= 6K. Even better a 'find' and 'find next' type feature where you could quickly find a frame that met multiple PID criteria.

2. In a custom OS the ability to wire wideband input in the 0-5V/AFR range into the PCM. Seems most PCMs have some unused pins. All you'd need to purchase then is a self calibrating wideband sensor. Probably easier said than done.

Just a few thoughts, love the product.

Tordne
January 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM
1) Filters?

2) I think I see where you're going, auto AutoVE. There was talk of RoadRunner doing this in future developments...

TAQuickness
January 1st, 2007, 12:38 PM
I like the first one you bring up. I've been finding a need for this type functionality lately as well.

Bruce Melton
January 1st, 2007, 01:57 PM
And the ability to read out AFR from WB on V2?

TAQuickness
January 1st, 2007, 02:06 PM
You mean via the serial connection?

Bruce Melton
January 1st, 2007, 02:17 PM
You mean via the serial connection?
For the WBs without digital readout while logging without laptop the input thru AD might readout as AFR on V2 screen.

Tordne
January 1st, 2007, 04:43 PM
You will be able to (in a future update) have a selected number (up to 4 I believe) on the LCD screen of the FlashScan V2 interface ;)

Bruce Melton
January 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM
You will be able to (in a future update) have a selected number (up to 4 I believe) on the LCD screen of the FlashScan V2 interface ;)

Swell-

NewV
January 2nd, 2007, 04:16 AM
1) Filters?

2) I think I see where you're going, auto AutoVE. There was talk of RoadRunner doing this in future developments...

1) I like to use the Data tab and review my min/max values. Often I'd like to find or move to the frame with the max or min value then move forwards and backwards to see if it was an anomaly or not. On the Data tab I can then see what the other PID values were when it happened. I haven't figured out how to filter this tab.

2) Not familiar with RoadRunner, but I'm looking at getting rid of the wideband controller box and setup. Allowing me to get wideband output from the scanner via PCM output instead of a wideband controller.

Tordne
January 2nd, 2007, 05:29 AM
The wideband will still need it's controller, you are obviously talking about terminating the wires at the PCM. Probably very similar to what has been done the the Fuel Pressure stuff - it uses the EGR input (if you choose to do it that way).

NewV
January 2nd, 2007, 05:43 AM
The wideband will still need it's controller, you are obviously talking about terminating the wires at the PCM. Probably very similar to what has been done the the Fuel Pressure stuff - it uses the EGR input (if you choose to do it that way).

Ok, guess I'm guilty of oversimplifying it. Assumed it really just needed power to heat it and a way to read the output. Both of which I assumed the PCM could do given an OS that knew how.

joecar
January 2nd, 2007, 08:26 AM
I like the first one you bring up. I've been finding a need for this type functionality lately as well.Yes, I agree, an "advanced find" function for searching the log for specific conditions.

2002_z28_six_speed
January 21st, 2007, 08:07 PM
2. In a custom OS the ability to wire wideband input in the 0-5V/AFR range into the PCM. Seems most PCMs have some unused pins. All you'd need to purchase then is a self calibrating wideband sensor. Probably easier said than done.

Just a few thoughts, love the product.

Don't some cars use a WB from the factory?

Tordne
January 21st, 2007, 08:22 PM
I believe the new VE Commodores use WB sensors.

Tordne
January 21st, 2007, 08:24 PM

No doubt you've seen the RTACS announcements... Basically exactly what you are looking at, implemented in a different way.