PDA

View Full Version : Ok, just ordered EFILive last week....

Loudmouth LS1
January 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Waitin on my equipment to get here and am a newbie with a lot of questions!

Links to explanations or explanations would be awesome!!!!

I've been datalogging with autotap using the narrowbands and tuning with ls1edit. So I picked up a wideband and am waitin for my efilive to arrive so I can really get this thing tuned in right. I am currently running a ve table out of one of my buddies cars cuz after I put the 90/90 setup on the car I couldn't even get it to start up and idle without holding the gas down for a little while no matter what I did, so his table got it working, but i'm sure the ve is off.

After I do the auto ve tuning and get the ve table dialed in, how do I dial in my maf table (right now i'm running a delphi 85mm maf and have a maf table out of a '02 Z06 in there)? Also, I keep reading and seeing people saying that the ifr table is set to certain numbers depending on what size injectors you have, so if i'm running svo 30's, where do I find the numbers to input for them? And then, if the ifr table is a constant depending on ur injectors, how do u adjust ur lterms? Cuz I always scaled the ifr table to get the lterms within -2 to -4. Also, where do I find the latest version of efilive software to download, so I can start gettin familiar with the software and play with it a little before my stuff gets here? Anyways, i'm lookin forward to gettin all my equipment and starting my fine tuning, I appreciate any help you guys can give me, thanks!!!! :cheers:

NewV
January 2nd, 2007, 03:16 PM
You can download the latest version at www.efilive.com from the download section.

Do a search on MAF there are several writeups and spreadsheets for MAF dialin.

Good Luck.

Doc
January 2nd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Loudmouth LS1,

http://68.178.219.18/tutorials/AutoVE%20Tuning%20Tutorial.pdf

http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

http://www.allmod.net/hpt/injectors.xls

Judging by your sig, 9.x sec car, you most likely have an aftermarket fuel system to support those 30lb injectors (that are rated @ 43.5psi) so get a fuel gage on the rail test port and find out what kind of real pressure you are running and then put those factors into Marcin's spreadsheet and bamo there are your injectors numbers that you will need to input into B4001. After that, with your wideband hooked up and set, follow the AutoVE procedure and you are well on your way.

Big Kahuna
January 2nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Loudmouth. Any reason you want to return to running the maf. Bin it and go for a nice custom Operating System and run Speed Density. You wont look back with a good SD tune.

TAQuickness
January 2nd, 2007, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the forum Loudmouth LS1.

As the Doc pointed out, you want to get your injector table scaled corectly first as it serves as the base for the rest of your tune. Knowing your fuel pressure (by actually measuring) is a must to get the IFR table dialed in. You can use a gauge on the rail, or log it in EFILive using this tutorial (http://www.forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3661)

Afterwords, the AutoVE tutorial would be your next step. If you decide to keep your MAF, you use the same concepts from the AutoVE tutorial to dial in your MAF.

^^^^^^^ All of that should keep your going for at least a day.

Loudmouth LS1
January 2nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the forum Loudmouth LS1,

http://68.178.219.18/tutorials/AutoVE%20Tuning%20Tutorial.pdf

http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

Judging by your sig, 9.x sec car, you most likely have an aftermarket fuel system to support those 30lb injectors (that are rated @ 43.5psi) so get a fuel gage on the rail test port and find out what kind of real pressure you are running and then put those factors into Marcin's spreadsheet and bamo there are your injectors numbers that you will need to input into B4001. After that, with your wideband hooked up and set, follow the AutoVE procedure and you are well on your way.

Just running a racetronix intank pump and a standalone feeds the nitrous, the fuel pressure at idle is around 60 - 62 if I remember from the last time I had the gauge on there and sits around 58 - 60 at wot, but i'll double check. Where can I find that spreadsheet?

Loudmouth LS1
January 2nd, 2007, 11:40 PM
Loudmouth. Any reason you want to return to running the maf. Bin it and go for a nice custom Operating System and run Speed Density. You wont look back with a good SD tune.

I don't know, I still drive the car around on the street a lot and figured it'd be easier to leave the maf in so I don't have to constantly change things, but I was thinkin about leavin the maf off. What would the diff be if I left it off?

Loudmouth LS1
January 2nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Loudmouth LS1.

As the Doc pointed out, you want to get your injector table scaled corectly first as it serves as the base for the rest of your tune. Knowing your fuel pressure (by actually measuring) is a must to get the IFR table dialed in. You can use a gauge on the rail, or log it in EFILive using this tutorial (http://www.forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3661)

Afterwords, the AutoVE tutorial would be your next step. If you decide to keep your MAF, you use the same concepts from the AutoVE tutorial to dial in your MAF.

^^^^^^^ All of that should keep your going for at least a day.

I appreciate the help, thanks!!! But where is that spreadsheet?

Doc
January 3rd, 2007, 12:18 AM
Clearing throat, AHem

Loudmouth LS1
January 3rd, 2007, 12:24 AM
Clearing throat, AHem

I'm sorry man, it was early, had just woke up, haha, thanks a lot!!!

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2007, 01:41 AM
Nothing like a set of fresh eye's and hot coffee to get the day going.

Nothing wrong with tuning the MAF or going SD full time. In SD, you have one less variable to deal with, the MAF, but I would strongly suggest COS5 as it has provisions for dealing with daily delta T's.

Loudmouth LS1
January 3rd, 2007, 07:40 AM
Nothing like a set of fresh eye's and hot coffee to get the day going.

Nothing wrong with tuning the MAF or going SD full time. In SD, you have one less variable to deal with, the MAF, but I would strongly suggest COS5 as it has provisions for dealing with daily delta T's.

Well right now at least until I get the fogger I wanna keep the maf, cuz i'm still using a little dry kit right now and don't know how that would work with SD. Also, what is COS5 and what is a daily delta T, you totally just lost me there!

blkhwk
January 3rd, 2007, 07:58 AM
Curious as well about the Delta T. What would be the diff. between the COS3 which I have now and the COS5. I have a prelim. tune now getting ready to tweak it. Would it benefitial to upgrade to the COS5 with big cubes and boost?

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2007, 11:01 AM
Custom OS 5 offers you a TPS vs RPM VE table as well as the standard MAP vs RPM. It also has a few other nice features for N2O.

Delta Temperature.

Loudmouth LS1
January 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
Custom OS 5 offers you a TPS vs RPM VE table as well as the standard MAP vs RPM. It also has a few other nice features for N2O.

Delta Temperature.

I don't know dude, that shit may be over my head right now, and I have no idea what delta temperature is, sorry, I really am a newb, hehe!!! I'm surprised i've done a good enough job so far that she runs as well as she does, but i'm sure there's room for improvement! I guess I have a lot of reading and playing around to do!

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2007, 11:25 AM
No problem. We were all in the same boat once.

Delta Temperature is the difference between temperatures. COS5 has a scaler table to off set the VE values based on IAT. In stock trim, the MAF handles this more accurately than in SD.

Loudmouth LS1
January 3rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
No problem. We were all in the same boat once.

Delta Temperature is the difference between temperatures. COS5 has a scaler table to off set the VE values based on IAT. In stock trim, the MAF handles this more accurately than in SD.

Oh, so basically you could use that to fatten up wot and drop timing to work with a dry shot or just drop timing to work with a wet or direct port? That's pretty badass, but I don't know if I would trust it, it would erk me all the time, thinkin oh shit, what if it doesn't work and I hit full motor timing or something like that! I think i'd rather just flash the n20 tune in when it's time to spray, just to be safe. But I need to do some more reading on it I guess.

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2007, 12:24 PM
Take your time.

There are quite a few folks in here running the COS5 with spray with no issue.

Loudmouth LS1
January 3rd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Take your time.

There are quite a few folks in here running the COS5 with spray with no issue.

How much, i'm planning on trying 400 worth when I get the new fogger setup, so everything needs to be right or i'm gonna melt the motor. Also another thing i'm not so sure about with that, the iat sensor is in the lid, can it really sense the temperature drop from the nitrous with the nitrous being sprayed all the way back at the intake? I would think it would only sense it if the nitrous was being spray'd before it and passing by it, no? Sorry for all the ?'s dude, but I appreciate the time ur taking to answer them all, this all helps!

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
As far as how much, I dunno. I don't follow all the spray threads very closely. BUT, I do know there are a few folks running dry shots on SD. Check out the N2O section when you're ready.

Loudmouth LS1
January 3rd, 2007, 02:18 PM
As far as how much, I dunno. I don't follow all the spray threads very closely. BUT, I do know there are a few folks running dry shots on SD. Check out the N2O section when you're ready.

okey doke