PDA

View Full Version : Maps

Josho
January 2nd, 2007, 07:39 PM
Hey guys im slowly moving forward in my knowledge of the EFIlive software but where im coming unstuck is creating useful maps and how to read them and get useful info from them. Which pids should i use in a map and how do i create one? There isnt a tutorial on maps and the help file isnt all that helpful lol.

Cheers, Josh

Tordne
January 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
The PIDs you need depend entirely on what it is that you are trying to modify/resolve etc.

Generally a Map will be the same dimensions as the table (from the Tune Tool) it replicates. If you 'Copy with Labels' the table you want to mimic you can 'Paste Labels' on the Row and Column section and then select the PID which relates to the Row or Column (indicated usually on the table in the Tune Tool). Then you just need to chose the Data to be shown on the Map.

The BEN Maps are good examples to look at if you want to learn how to do it. They look just like the B0101 VE Table, the Row is RPM in the same increments, Column is MAP. The Data presented is the BEN data.

Josho
January 2nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
Im guessing that would be a whole lot easier if i had the tune tool haha. I just want to make a few tables that are useful and i can keep an eye on things that might matter to my engine. Any suggestions?

Big Kahuna
January 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
Josh what do you want to log? If you let us know then we can point you in the right direction to what to use and how to set it up.

Grant

Big Kahuna
January 2nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
A few thing sthat might be inf interest whilst logging are.
Engine RPM
Spark Advance
Vehicle speed
Intake manifold pressure.
Knock Retard
IAT temps
Duty cycles of your injectors
Wideband O2 (if you have one fitted and if you dont get one!!)
Airflow in grams/cylinder

If you log these then you can set up your maps based on the numbers you get from your data (F9) that way you know your minimums and maximums for the tables.

Josho
January 2nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
A few thing sthat might be inf interest whilst logging are.
Engine RPM
Spark Advance
Vehicle speed
Intake manifold pressure.
Knock Retard
IAT temps
Duty cycles of your injectors
Wideband O2 (if you have one fitted and if you dont get one!!)
Airflow in grams/cylinder

If you log these then you can set up your maps based on the numbers you get from your data (F9) that way you know your minimums and maximums for the tables.

I am currently logging all of them except wideband o2 cause i dont have one. I'm not sure wat tables to make that would be useful to have as im still learning this whole process, and gotta long way to go lol. Thanx

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2007, 01:39 AM
A wideband, with associated corrective PID's, makes understanding a lot of the tables easier.

But, since you don't have a WB, you could set up a MAP resembling the VE table, as per the AutoVE tutorial, and use your LTFT's as the data parameter instead of the BEN PIDs.

Also, if you set up a MAP resembling your spark tables, then log ignition timing for cyl 1, you could see what timing you're actually getting as you drive.

Getting to know your driving habits as viewed via Maps and Charts helps a lot when it comes time to tuning.