PDA

View Full Version : Main VE doesn't match MAP.SAE

LSs1Power
January 2nd, 2007, 09:15 PM
We have a 2 bar sensor in it now scaled to 190 as the tutorial said. When I see 40Kpa on the scanning tool and fit it to the tuning window it interact with 15Kpa slot in the Main VE table instead of 40 Kpa. I think it is throwing off the VE values and making the car run rich (around 3.6ms from 60lbs injectors). What is the solution for this problem?

Black02SS
January 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
I don't understand what you are saying. :(

LSs1Power
January 3rd, 2007, 05:49 AM
I can send you the log and tune file so you can see what i mean.

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
Can you upload the files?

--- moving to general tuning section

LSs1Power
January 3rd, 2007, 07:47 AM
Sure.... Ignore that it says 3 bar... We have a 2 bar sensor in it for now and the scalar is set at 190 instead of 288. If you highlight a portion on the log it will highlight a wrong cell on the tune file. For example try highlighting 40Kpa on the log file and you will see the matching feature takes you to 15Kpa on the tune file.

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
works fine on my end. Are you sure the units (as appear on the PID and Data tab) match the unit's in your tune? Per my unit converter, 40 kPa comes to 11.8 inHg. That would cause the Tune tool to highlight the 15 kPa column.

LSs1Power
January 3rd, 2007, 11:46 AM
works fine on my end. Are you sure the units (as appear on the PID and Data tab) match the unit's in your tune? Per my unit converter, 40 kPa comes to 11.8 inHg. That would cause the Tune tool to highlight the 15 kPa column.

Aha.... I see what you mean...So the EFI tuning tool uses inHg instead of KPA? In my data page it has inHg and it matches the Tuning tool even though the VE table says Kpa.

I will post a screen shot of what im talking about.

If you see in the shots the Scan shows 50Kpa while the VE table highlights the 15Kpa column. Why does it do that? Which one should I fix to make it read right.... The Dashboard or the tuning tables?

Tordne
January 3rd, 2007, 12:20 PM
Both the Scan and Tune tools work in both metric and imperial units. It is important to have the Tune and Scan tool use the same units when you want to start applying data back to your tune. In sames it will just not work (i.e. wenn applying with labels).

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
You can set the units you wish to view your data in both the scan and tune tool. but for the linking to work correctly, the unit's have to match between the 2.

The tune tool is expecting a value in kPa. Your chart show's kPa, but your default unit in the scan tool may not match. Look at the data tab in the scan tool to determin if the scan tool is using Imperial or Metric for that PID.

LSs1Power
January 3rd, 2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys.... I figured out the problem.... For some reason i had 2 different Kpa choices... one under imperial and one under metric. The metric Kpa is what I needed so it matches the Main VE table.

Thanks alot again

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
No problem. Let us know if we can help with something else