PDA

View Full Version : EfiLive file format question...............

FreddyG
January 4th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Hi Guys!

I just bought a Vortech Supercharger kit from A&A in California. I'm a newbie to tuning, and am scared to try and tune it. I've yet to figure out which WB02 I want (it's either a PLX, LC1 or a Wideband commander), and know that I have to get that before trying anything.

I have a bolt on car and did some messing around using STFT/LTFT's and believe it or not, the driveability of the car improved a bit (although mileage went down).

Anyway, I apologize for the rant, but here's my question"

If the tuner uses HP Tuner, is there any way to read the tune in our software? I'd like to keep the tune that he does, and mod it if needed.

I hope that this makes sense.

Thanks!

Tordne
January 4th, 2007, 09:13 AM
If the tuner uses HP Tuner with a stock OS then you can read that out of the PCM and then use EFILive. If he uses a HP Tuners custom OS (I guess you can just specify NOT to), or they lock the tune then you won't be able to.

FreddyG
January 4th, 2007, 09:20 AM
WOW! Thank You so much for the quick reply! :cheers:

I've had this question for awhile too, but even concerning EfiLive, what is the benefit of the Custom OS? I've thought about getting the Commercial upgrade (especially for only $50), but I don't understand what the benefits are.

Would you Please explain that to me?

Thanks in advance! :notacrook: (Sorry, just always wanted use that smilie)!

Tordne
January 4th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Custom OS has benefits if you plan on:
1) Running MAFless (Speed Density). It restores the dual spark (High and Low Octane) tables that a stock car with MAF has
2) Want to run Open Loop fuel mode with the Custom OS3/5 B3647 table.
3) Run 2-3 bar forced induction applications.

The Commercial release is well worth the $50 (originally it was $150). All new sales are at the effective Commercial level, which is why this was heavily discounted.

Commercial will also allow you to upgrade to a 2002 stock OS if you have a 99/2000 OS now :).