PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this WB02 controller yet?

FreddyG
January 4th, 2007, 12:56 PM
New PLX controller.............. (http://www.plxdevices.com/products_SMAFR.htm)

I'm thinking about getting one of these, and was wondering if anyone has tried this yet.

Thanks!

Tordne
January 4th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I think a few people on here have just got these. It looks like a pretty nice unit. I have a PLX M-250, which this basically replaces at a better price, priced to be competitive with the Innovate LC-1 which is also very popular.

JezzaB
January 4th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I got on of these about 2 weeks ago. I love it. Of course ive never had a WBO2 before but the price was good and it seem to be working well and is easy to install.

And I like the fact it doesnt need to be recalibrated.

Jez

Tordne
January 4th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I got on of these about 2 weeks ago. I love it. Of course ive never had a WBO2 before but the price was good and it seem to be working well and is easy to install.

And I like the fact it doesnt need to be recalibrated.

Jez

Yup, that rocks!

FreddyG
January 4th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys! That's the main reason that I'm looking at it! If it can make life a little easier and work well, that's a Beautiful thing!

How hard was it to hook up? I'm basically electrically illiterate, but can read well and follow directions (just ask my wife ........at least about the following directions part):D.

Did you add a bung or use an OEM 02 sensor hole? I'd like to use the OEM hole and use it in car all of the time, and just plug my laptop into it.

NewV
January 4th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I've had mine in for about a week now. New to tuning and install was very simple. I used an existing OEM bung and removed a narrowband. Mine is currently a temporary install but I like it so much I plan to wire it in permanent for narrowband simulation and leave it there. If you go temp you can buy a cig lighter power supply for $8 at RadioShack and not have to wire anything except to connect to the flashscan terminals

I actually ordered the DM-5 guage to mount tonite for my permanent install.

Rhino79
January 4th, 2007, 03:24 PM
I got one and I love it, I have used it on 3 vehicles already......easy to move around and plug an play operation is awesome!

JezzaB
January 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I've had mine in for about a week now. New to tuning and install was very simple. I used an existing OEM bung and removed a narrowband. Mine is currently a temporary install but I like it so much I plan to wire it in permanent for narrowband simulation and leave it there. If you go temp you can buy a cig lighter power supply for $8 at RadioShack and not have to wire anything except to connect to the flashscan terminals

I actually ordered the DM-5 guage to mount tonite for my permanent install.

Exactly what i did because I want to use it between a few cars.

Remove the stock O2, screw the WBO2 in, a couple of cable ties and through a bung in the firewall and the ciggy adapter and she's ready to go.

GMPX
January 5th, 2007, 02:29 AM
$195, good price, PLX stuff seems very good, I'd buy an M-300 again for sure.

Cheers,
Ross

agreif
January 5th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Woudl there be any significant difference between this and the LC1 considering the LC1 has digital outputs while this looks like it has only an analog signal.

NewV
January 5th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Woudl there be any significant difference between this and the LC1 considering the LC1 has digital outputs while this looks like it has only an analog signal.

This one is self calibrating, plug and forget.

kbracing96
January 5th, 2007, 11:08 AM
The digital out put from LC1 is only used if you plug it directly into your PC and use there software. If you run it with EFILive you have to use one of the 2 analog out put it has.

LC1 are also notorious for dying and ground offset issues, I'm on my second one. First one dyed