PDA

View Full Version : What is my OS # ??

Boost
January 4th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I am trying to setup my EFI live for the first time. Just arrived today. Everything went smooth so far, very pleased.
How do I find my OS #? It asks you when you first enter your vehicle info.
Thanks, I can't wait to start.

Tordne
January 4th, 2007, 02:31 PM
The easiest way is to use the Tune Tool and read the PCM out of your vehicle. This is a very good first move anyway ;)

Once downloaded the OS # will show in the 'OS:' field in the 'Calibration:' window.

Also, when you connect to the vehicle with the Scan Tool on the bottom task bar there are a few bits of info, including VIN, transmission and OS#.

Boost
January 4th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Thank you sir.

Boost
January 4th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I just hooked up the laptop with the Flashscan V2 to the truck. I was able to find my OS# on the Flashscan. It was not one of the listed ones, so I typed it in manually. It did not work!
It says: VIN # is not supported (or something)
Manufacturer Enhanced OBD II parameters are not listed (or something like that)

What do I have to start? Do I have to activate one of my 8 free VIN credits first? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Tordne
January 4th, 2007, 03:59 PM
PM me the VIN of your vehicle please.

Boost
January 4th, 2007, 11:41 PM
It's an LBZ. I thought they were supported already.
Your help is appreciated.

GMPX
January 5th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Is this '4rotorCorvette' from DP?
Anyway, I think the issue is the CD's in the current shipping boxes probably do not have the beta software on them. You might need to download that first.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4108

Cheers,
Ross

Boost
January 5th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Yes, I am 4rotorcorvette. I got version 7.3.3, which I thought was the latest one. What is Beta? Is that what allows use with the LBZ? Thanks.

Tordne
January 5th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Looking at your VIN the OS could be any of the following:

With the latest EFILive software DOWNLOAD HERE (http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.zip) all of the OS's in bold have calibration files right now.

All of the OS's in bold are also factory maintenance releases on top of 12603049. So maybe your truck needs a new OS from the dealer anyway?

Boost
January 5th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Actually my truck does need a new OS. I never bothered to upgrade it because I already had the Bully Dog. I'll set it back to stock and re-flash it with the Tech 2.

My OS is 12604140. How come it's not any of the ones you listed, and not one of the ones listed on the EFILive window either? (I had to type it in manually)

Sorry for all the questions but I must understand this. Thank you.

BTW, anybody here that needs info I have access to GM Dealerworld (as I'm sure many other techs here do) and I can post any helpful bulletins and such.

Tordne
January 5th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Can you post a screen shot, so I can see where that number is?

Boost
January 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Posting a screenshot may take a while since I don't know how to do it. I got my OS # by connecting Flashscan to the vehicle and going into vehicle ifo like you suggested earlier.
Also, I followed the link to the latest upgrade (build 555), my laptop does not have internet so I saved the upgrade file to a cd then inserted into my "tuning" laptop. The zip file contains many folders, and extracting them gets confusing. Is there any way you can tell me which files to extract where to in my existing EFILive folders to make it work with my LBZ so I can get started? Am I the only one having these kinds of problems in the beginning? I feel like a dummy, thanks for all your help.

Tordne
January 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
No problems mate!! The ZIP file extracts to any location, and you're right it has loads of directories and files.

In the folder where you choose to extract the ZIP there will be a executable called 'EFILive_Installer.exe'. You execute this and it will perform a proper installation of the software to the correct locations.

Then you should be up and running.

Incidentally the OS# was definitely for the PCM and not the TCM? I got those numbers from TIS based on your VIN :eek:

Boost
January 5th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I will recheck my OS# on the Flashscan especially after I upgrade my calibration at work. I do remember going into engine, not transmission, then scrolling down to retreive that OS. But I'll double check soon. Thanks for everything.

Boost
January 6th, 2007, 10:19 AM
My plan to get started with EFILive:

Install software on PC
Upgrade (since PC has internet)
Save to a CD and transfer to laptop
Do the firmware thing
Upgrade calibration on LBZ at work with Tech 2
(hopefully it'll match one of the ones you listed or at least be accepted by the
Flashscan)

Plan B:
Install internet on laptop
Upgrade EFILive software

Hope it works, thanks for all the help. Can't wait to start using it...

Tordne
January 6th, 2007, 12:15 PM
The 12606128 OS was the latest listed for your VIN.

Boost
January 6th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Hopefully when I reflash at work it will upgrade to that one.

Boost
January 8th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I have installed internet on my laptop. I have upgraded the software to the latest version (Scan Tool still shows 475, Tune Tool is 555 - is this normal?)
I have upgraded the USB driver, but it seems I already had the latest version (?normal?). I have also upgraded the Firmware in the Flashscan.
When I go into the Scan Tool, it has my LBZ vin in it already, and still says Man. Enh. ODB II parameters not loaded, would you like to enter another VIN?
(why is this?) When I click no, it allows me to continue into the Scan Tool, unlike before. It also shows that I have 3 parameters available.
How do I start using one of my 8 credits?
How do I get it to recognize my LBZ VIN, so I can start? Thanks.

Tordne
January 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM
The Scan, Tune and OBDII libraries all have their own build numbers, so this is normal.

With the FlashScan interface connected to both the car and laptop, and with the ignition turned on can you try and connect (top left green button, or CTRL+F3). Then copy and paste the contents of the Console (F12) tab.

I've never seen that error that you mention. Can you also take any screen shots of errors etc?

PladdPezzPunk
January 9th, 2007, 12:39 AM
how would you find out if there is factory updates to an OS what one is the "current relese". My truck isn't under warranty cause of some mods and problems i had with the dealer so i'm all on my own for these kinds of updates. also, if I upgraded to a custom OS, would that take care of any current updates without a problem. (sorry if this is a stupid question, i just don't have any real clue)

Boost
January 10th, 2007, 12:48 PM
The Scan, Tune and OBDII libraries all have their own build numbers, so this is normal.

With the FlashScan interface connected to both the car and laptop, and with the ignition turned on can you try and connect (top left green button, or CTRL+F3). Then copy and paste the contents of the Console (F12) tab.

I've never seen that error that you mention. Can you also take any screen shots of errors etc?

Will do soon. Thanks for the support :cheers:
I can't wait to get past this and start asking lots of tuning related questions :D

Here is my LBZ Duramax:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/leatherface24/DSC05498.jpg