PDA

View Full Version : How can I tell if I got the correct cable and all...

Loudmouth LS1
January 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I got my equipment today and I think they may have sent me the wrong stuff, but not sure. On the side of the box where it's has which one it is with the options of scan/autocal/personal/commercial/workshop it has scan checked, so I really hope I didn't get the scan only, cuz I wanna get started. Haven't gotten a chance to get home yet, still workin, but how can I tell if I got the correct one? Thanks for the help guys!

Tordne
January 4th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Only way to tell is look inside the box at the Blue registration card and see what it says.

If you purchased 'FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune' and got the incorrect license that is easily fixed :)

NewV
January 4th, 2007, 03:46 PM
My box said personal but is in fact commercial as I purchased. One way to tell for sure:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=1936

Loudmouth LS1
January 4th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Only way to tell is look inside the box at the Blue registration card and see what it says.

If you purchased 'FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune' and got the incorrect license that is easily fixed :)

I bought Flashscan V1 and i'm assuming it is the Commercial, I ordered it from Greenlight Motorsports, I tried callin chad today and couldn't get in touch with him and left a message. I just looked at that blue card like you guys said and I obviously got the wrong stuff, cuz it says Scanner only.

This sucks, i'm having a horrible day and this just tops it off!!! :frown:

NewV
January 4th, 2007, 04:38 PM
My Blue Card said personal too just like my box, follow these instructions

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=1936

I bet you have commercial, I ordered from Chad too.

Tordne
January 4th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Just PM'd you mate.

Loudmouth LS1
January 4th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Just PM'd you mate.

Dude, ur a life saver!!! That just made my shitty day a bit better!!!

Just curious though, in the help/about window, it shows as being licensed for Commercial Scan and Tune now, but shows 0 calibrations available, is that normal? Do I have to have a tun file open for it to show the calibrations?

Loudmouth LS1
January 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Also, another quick question, when I open up the scan tool software it asks for my vin, operating system, transmission, displacement, and weight.

What do I put for operating system, it doesn't have any options in the dropdown menu, also, if I have a turbo 400 auto in the car, but originally had a m6 in the car, do I put manual or auto. For the displacement, they don't have my displacement in the dropdown menu, I am running a 374 cube motor (3.905 bore and 3.900 stroke), what do I put in there? And for the weight, is that the weight of the car, if so, with me or without me? Thanks for all the help, I really do appreciate it!!!!

Tordne
January 4th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I suspect you don't have the latest build. That problem was fixed a few weeks back. Download latest version HERE (http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.zip).

Loudmouth LS1
January 4th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I suspect you don't have the latest build. That problem was fixed a few weeks back. Download latest version HERE (http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.zip).

Cool, thanks, I downloaded what I could find, I got EFILiveV733_450_580_520.zip

Found it in a thread on here, cuz I coulnd't even find V733 on efilive.com for some reason.

So i'll go ahead and download the one you just linked too, do I have to uninstall what's in there now?

Tordne
January 4th, 2007, 05:20 PM
This will remove/reinstall everything anyway...

Let the fun begin :)

Loudmouth LS1
January 4th, 2007, 05:24 PM
This will remove/reinstall everything anyway...

Let the fun begin :)

Sweet!!!

Black02SS
January 4th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Glad to see you got things sorted out. I had sent your upgrade information the day you ordered to your email address. It must have been blocked. :( Let me know if you need anything else. By the time I got your message and saw this thread it was too late to call.

Loudmouth LS1
January 5th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Glad to see you got things sorted out. I had sent your upgrade information the day you ordered to your email address. It must have been blocked. :( Let me know if you need anything else. By the time I got your message and saw this thread it was too late to call.

Yeah, I guess it did, I got the one email from paypal about the payment and never got another and just figured it wasn't important, my bad. I downloaded my program out of the car last night, i'll send it over later when I can hop on the laptop.