PDA

View Full Version : im so lost

dynarex
January 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
got the efi v2 today-thought it would be kinda easy!
so after all the downloading and bla bla bla-i plug into my truck{07lbz/ally}and it wont give me any data for my stock calibration-it dosent list an lbz in the controller section of the calibration-so i updated to firmware 447 something and still wont workwhat am i doing wrong?:nixweiss:

Tordne
January 5th, 2007, 04:34 PM
The fact you got the .47 firmware I think answers the question I have.. Did you download the software from http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.zip or from the downloads page on www.efilive.com (this is not the latest version).

dynarex
January 5th, 2007, 04:50 PM
i got the 555 file from the forums-and it gets about 1/2 way through and says error 6-ive tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling written it to cd and still no good someone please help:Eyecrazy:

Tordne
January 5th, 2007, 04:52 PM
f for some reason simply installing the new version doesn't resolve your software issue you may need to:
1) Uninstall the EFILive software again
2) Delete the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7' folder tree
3) Start->Run, enter Regedit click OK
4) Find the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7 and delete it, which will delete everything it contains.
5) Re-install EFILive from the downloaded file.

Hopefully this will have you working again.

dynarex
January 5th, 2007, 04:56 PM
ill try all that stuff next
thank you:cheers:

dynarex
January 5th, 2007, 05:08 PM
so i deleted it all like you said-i installed the 555 zip file from your post link-now do i unzip the file and then what?

Tordne
January 5th, 2007, 05:26 PM
In the location where you unzipped the file there will be an executable called 'EFILive_Installer.exe'. Simply run that and it will install that version of the software and recreate all the folder structures etc.

dynarex
January 5th, 2007, 05:42 PM
ok so now when i go to update the flashscan it says please select a valid firmware file

Tordne
January 5th, 2007, 06:29 PM
You already updated the firmware to the latest didn't you? The latest is in file 'FSProg_V2_4_47.ffw' which will be (by default) in 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7'.

If not:
1) Unplug the RJ45 (OBDII) connection and the USB connector from the V2 interface.
2) With the USB cable connected to your laptop, hold down the CTRL key on the V2 interface while you plug in the USB cable to the V2 interface. You should notice that some of the LEDs on the V2 now toggle side to side.
3) Now open the Firmware Utility
4) In the 'Update FlashScan V2:' section of the program click on the '...' button to locate the firmware file
5) Once you have located the file (above step) click on the 'Program' button. Sometimes the numbers do not go all the way - this is not a problem, it still continues in the background.
6) The FlashScan device will reboot on completion and the update is complete.

dynarex
January 12th, 2007, 03:25 PM
so here i am again-im trying to download the latest update and it gets3/4 through it and reads error6 and stops-why does this keep happening?

wait4me
January 13th, 2007, 04:45 AM
You need to EXTRACT the files from the zip into a folder. Then run the set up from that new folder.

dynarex
January 13th, 2007, 05:10 AM
:help2: :help2: ive done that several times-same thing happens
now i cant even go into my old tunes it says that my pcm is unrecognized
what the heck is goin on?