PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a calc_pid for my WB02?

Loudmouth LS1
January 6th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I'm running an NGK AFX Powerdex and I got everything all hooked up and ready to go, but can not figure out how to make a calc.pid for it, can anyone help me out? In the back of the wideband's manual it says AFR = (1.4 x Output Voltage) + 9

and it says 0V = 9.00:1 and 5V = 16.00:1

Thanks for the help guys!

Black02SS
January 6th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Here you go.

Loudmouth LS1
January 6th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Here you go.

Chad to the rescue!!!! Dude, ur awesome!!!!

Do I just replace my file with that one? There is a calc_pids.txt in two places, in my documents/efilive/v7/user config and then there is one in the program files folder for efilive, do I replace both of them, just one?

I can't wait to get tuning tomorrow, I just took the car out for a spin watchin the wideband on the gauge and omg, I never realized how off my tune is, no wonder my idle is so shitty, it's all over the place!!!

One more question, I read in the manual for the WB that it recommends putting the bung 30 inches from where the exhaust dumps or you will get false readings at lower rpms, is that true, cuz I only have maybe 20 inches of pipe total (bullet mufflers off the collectors and dumped) and I put the bung in the side of the drivers side exhaust right after the collector before it got into the bullet part.

Doc
January 6th, 2007, 08:09 PM
That location you have should be fine.

Spdfrk1990
June 10th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Awesome ill prob get the ngk wb also guess we just replace our calc_pids file with that one? Did yours work fine Loudmouth LS1 and how do you like the NGK?

Spdfrk1990
June 16th, 2007, 01:08 PM
If you are going to use this file anyone make sure you change {CALC.AFRNGKDAD1.AFR} to {CALC.AFRNGKPLXAD1.AFR} or else the ben factor pix will be X'ed out.

truethinker
June 17th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Hey there. Im not totally new to tuning but I am new to EFIlive. I have an autometer wideband. I need to calibrate it for EFIlive. I looked at the file that was posted here and it seems fairly straight forward but what is that equation that was listed? "AFR = (1.4 x Output Voltage) + 9" ?

I can't seem to find that in the manual.

All i've got is
0V = 10:1
4V = 20:1

thanks guys

joecar
June 18th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Hey there. Im not totally new to tuning but I am new to EFIlive. I have an autometer wideband. I need to calibrate it for EFIlive. I looked at the file that was posted here and it seems fairly straight forward but what is that equation that was listed? "AFR = (1.4 x Output Voltage) + 9" ?

I can't seem to find that in the manual.

All i've got is
0V = 10:1
4V = 20:1

thanks guysThat requires AFR = 2.5*V + 10

More info: showthread.php?t=132 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=132)

SSpdDmon
June 18th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Keep in mind guys...

When these equations have a multiplier [e.g. (AD1_Voltage*multiplier)+AFR_lower_threshold], you lose AFR resolution as that multiplier gets bigger. So, if you can re-program your WBO2 to output a specific voltage/AFR combination (like you can with LC1's and LM1's), you should so you can reduce the effect of the multiplier (closer to 1 is better).

truethinker
June 24th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Can somone tell me why my BEN factor is not valid

http://truethinker.freehyperspace.com/calc_pids.txt

Spdfrk1990
June 24th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Can somone tell me why my BEN factor is not valid

Not sure if it matters but you have parenthesis around your ben factor expression and around the names at the bottom which I dont think are needed.

joecar
June 24th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Spdfrk is correct: remove the red parts (at bottom of your file)...

{CALC.AFRATMPLXAD1.AFR} F001 CLC-00-001 "AFR,V" O2-Wide "Wide Band AFR 1 - Autometer"
{CALC.BENATMPLXAD1} F002 CLC-00-002 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - Autometer"

truethinker
June 24th, 2007, 05:25 AM
fixed that. still no go.

Spdfrk1990
June 24th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Another guess but shouldnt the high for the AFR be 20 and not 16.

truethinker
June 24th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Another guess but shouldnt the high for the AFR be 20and not 16.

I have the gauge set up so that 0V is 10 and 4V is 16. As far as i am aware, there is nothing wrong with doing this. I wanted to bring the multiplication funtion as close to 1 as possible to help counteract the lack of accuracy. either way, the AFR is displayed just fine. I need my BEN though so that i can VE tune

Spdfrk1990
June 24th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Yeh I was just going to ask if it was just the BEN.

joecar
June 24th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Silly me, I should have seen it... also delete the blue part (only in this one place, 2nd last line)...

CALC.AFRATMPLXAD1.AFR F001 CLC-00-001 "AFR,V" O2-Wide "Wide Band AFR 1 - Autometer"
CALC.BENATMPLXAD1 F002 CLC-00-002 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - Autometer"
Edit: It might also be good to add 2 blank lines at the end of the file.

truethinker
June 24th, 2007, 07:11 AM
awesome guys.

thanks alot

Joecar: what did you mean by adding "blank lines"? and why?

joecar
June 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Joecar: what did you mean by adding "blank lines"? and why?Oh, open the file, and after the very last character on the very last line, just hit ENTER twice, save and close the file.

I seem to recall that the EFILive software required this, I think it was in a very early version, so I still do that just in case.

Edit: I always do that in any of my source code, helps some parsers a bit in detecting the "end of tokens".