PDA

View Full Version : Tuning out AIR for Cali Emmission

RandomHero
January 6th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hello all, sorry that this my introduction is in the form of a question, but does anyone know how to tune out the AIR emmissions stuff. I'm thinking you set all values to 0 but I'm not sure. Any ideas? I already removed all of it, but it's throwing a code. Thanks

dfe1
January 6th, 2007, 07:48 PM
In the Engine diagnostics section, open the DTC Processing Enablers and set the code that's being set to "Not Reported".

RandomHero
January 6th, 2007, 07:58 PM
sweet, thanks

joecar
January 7th, 2007, 10:14 AM
RH, welcome to the forum. :cheers:

RandomHero
January 7th, 2007, 02:43 PM
RH, welcome to the forum. :cheers:
Thank you. Like I said. I'm sure most are tired of most people's first post being in the form of a question, but mine seemed pretty easy. I've been on the site for a couple months, but I enjoy reading the posts rather than posting because I know nothing about tuning and I have no usefull information to ad to the forum.

Thanks though

dfe1
January 7th, 2007, 05:03 PM
... I know nothing about tuning and I have no usefull information to ad to the forum.

Thanks though

Not so fast-- EVERYBODY has useful information to contribute, even if it's a question. Questions provoke thought and sometimes the process of answering one question turns on alight that leads to the solution of other issues. One thing you'll find that's unique to this forum is that every question gets answered. There are a lot of guys here who repeatedly go out of their way to help anyone with a question or problem. And just remember that old, tired expression which is very true-- there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

joecar
January 8th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Not so fast-- EVERYBODY has useful information to contribute, even if it's a question. Questions provoke thought and sometimes the process of answering one question turns on alight that leads to the solution of other issues. One thing you'll find that's unique to this forum is that every question gets answered. There are a lot of guys here who repeatedly go out of their way to help anyone with a question or problem. And just remember that old, tired expression which is very true-- there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.Well spoken. :beer::beer::beer::beer:

dfe1
January 8th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Well spoken. :beer::beer::beer::beer:
Thank you-- high praise indeed from the keeper of lost bolts. ;)

joecar
January 8th, 2007, 08:53 AM
:cheers:

TAQuickness
January 8th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Well spoken. :beer::beer::beer::beer:

+ 1

RandomHero
January 9th, 2007, 04:31 PM
maybe I don't know how to clear old DTC codes but I did a DTC check for my truck today and it's still pulling the same cost. All 4 AIR P0410-P0430 codes are set to "not reported"

TAQuickness
January 9th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I just double checked my settings and what you have should work. are you sure the right tune was flashed to the PCM (I ask because I have done this before - several times)?

I would download the tune from the truck just to verify what's in there is actually what you think is in there.

dfe1
January 10th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Did you verify that the codes were cleared after the reset? For future reference, you can reset codes with the engine running and if you keep monitoring, you can see whether they come back on. If they do, then the real problem (proper reflash, or legitimate hardware/software issue) still exists.

RandomHero
January 10th, 2007, 05:29 AM
I know this is a really dumb question, but how do you reset codes?

dfe1
January 10th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Open up the scan tool, click on Help and then click on Help contents. After the document opens, scroll down to page 57 and you'll see a partial screen shot below the heading Menu and Toolbars. The four icons that look like engines pertain to the display and resetting of DTCs. Mouse over these after you've linked to your vehicle and your questions will be answered.

TAQuickness
January 10th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Once again - take it easy on your self. We all had similar questions a some point in time.

RandomHero
January 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Open up the scan tool, click on Help and then click on Help contents. After the document opens, scroll down to page 57 and you'll see a partial screen shot below the heading Menu and Toolbars. The four icons that look like engines pertain to the display and resetting of DTCs. Mouse over these after you've linked to your vehicle and your questions will be answered.
Cool, and maybe I have a different help pdf but mines on pg 66 for future reference. I got it all figured out. Thanks