PDA

View Full Version : Attention Members Free Tv's

Doc
January 6th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Hello All,
I have kicked around an idea informally with a few folks individually on the board here for a EFI Live Members meetup\ convention\ get-together\ track rental. Being the first to publically plant the flag on this idea I would like to propose my home state of Florida be the inaugral country/state for 2007. I really feel our community(EFI Live Users) is/has grown up enough to support such a deal. Just think, so many interesting folks, their rides and the common tuning interest. I know we could swing a deal with a hotel/track in the sunshine state-tourism is our main economic revenue. Great weather and being at sea level promise great track times. The really cool thing is even if you can't physically attend we could still keep you up to date via the forum. Please let me know what you think and if you would be interested in attending something like this in 07.

Tordne
January 6th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Doh! I'm in New Zealand :sad:

GMPX
January 6th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Doc, great idea and please keep us informed if something goes ahead. I personally won't be attending, because the 20hrs spent on the plane would comatose me for a week.

Cheers,
Ross

Boost
January 7th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Great idea, I'd definitely attend. I recommend Moroso for a track and the nearby PGA resort. Sometimes they offer racers discounts and many other area hotels do also.

Garry
January 7th, 2007, 04:46 AM
.. I'm just slightly closer than Tordne ... :(
Moroso is a nice place, ran my rental there last spring ... :)

kbracing96
January 7th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Where's my TV?:nixweiss:

Doc
January 7th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Where's my TV?:nixweiss:

Would you like plasma or lcd?

kbracing96
January 7th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Would you like plasma or lcd?

Plasma if its over 42":D

Do you need my shipping address?

joecar
January 7th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Too small... :D

PladdPezzPunk
January 8th, 2007, 06:13 AM
i'll take a plasma. 70" please

Sounds like a great idea. I've done that with other forums but this would be cool cause not everyone has the same type car/truck. Keep us posted

emarkay
January 8th, 2007, 07:17 AM
ooh my TVC 1-5 oh oh oh oooo.

Bowie is bizarre...

Chalky
January 13th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Doh! I'm in New Zealand :sad:

Better leave now!:muahaha:

Doc
January 14th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Ok, memebers SHOUT! Where are you? What vehicles do you have/tune? I am curious to here a roll call.

Tordne
January 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM
New Zealand. Holden Commodore LS1 :)

joecar
January 14th, 2007, 01:52 PM
So. Cal. (for now) 2001 TA WS6.

Boost
January 14th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Homestead, FL. I plan to tune my wife's LBZ Duramax as well as my co workers' GM trucks and cars.

Chalky
January 14th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Mt. Pleasant , WI 02 Corvette!

Doc
February 25th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Back from the dead. Life has been pretty busy for me and I am sure for all of you guys. With all respect, props and salutations to Ben et all @ EFI University, I could'nt help but notice somewhat of a lack luster response for the course they are offering out west. Now I started this thread with some big ambitions and got a weak response also. I would like to revise this thread and like to consolidate all of the Florida members for a meet this year. I don't know everything about tuning but would be more than willing to meet up for a weekend type conference where we could all get together and share information and experience which is what I feel most folks who have or intend to get EFI Live really want. I mean most who are intrepid enough to get into this have the brain power to comprehend the system and can and will get to their goals in given time. The really neat thing about EFI Live IMHO is how infinitely customizable the whole thing is. However, this can be daunting also and why I think being able to meet up with other users would be a really beneficial thing for everyone would attend. So, with that in mind how many Florida (or anybody willing to travel) members would be interested?

Boost
February 25th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Florida member here. I subscribe to this thread, and I check the forum every day. I also use EFILive daily, although I am in the very beginning stages of understanding it. I love it and one of my major goals in life is to become an outstanding EFILive tuner. I work for a major GM dealer as a technician, and visit the South Florida dragstrips regularly. I agree 100% with what you are saying, we are on the same page. So you can count on me to meet up anywhere in S. Florida.

Doc
February 25th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Kool man, thanks for checking in on the thread. Would you (+others) be interested in a central location such as Tampa or Orlando? I envision a senario like meet up on a Friday night at a hotel and have some formal/informal discussion in the hotel's mtg hall followed by a T&T @ a track the following day. Upon concluding the T&T we could go back to the hotel and discuss the results of the day. I have so much real world information / experience and most importantly questions for other users on their experiences with EFI Live. I have a homebrew dual stage N20 system with a RR, LC-1, and Autometer Fuel Pressure sensor. I am saving up my sheckles for a twin turbo setup. I really enjoy this product and the folks on this board and if there is any way I can begin to try to give something back for all of the great info/help/advice I have recieved then I am there for sure. My only request is that this not be in the month of April. I will be in Madrid, Spain on business.

Garry
February 26th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Hm ... I may be around next spring or so ...

eboggs_jkvl
February 26th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Heck, I'm in. The only problem I'm having right now is being the owner of a E38 ECM. I can't do squat right now. I would like to have a "conference" and see if I can learn some things.

Elmer