PDA

View Full Version : Gettin ready to start the autove tuning...

Loudmouth LS1
January 7th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Quick question, I sent my file out of my car too Chad and he upgraded the OS to an '02. I haven't flashed that program in yet, it looks like it has all of my calibrations in it from my regular program, so I just modified it to make the programs for the AutoVE and am gettin ready to drop it in the car. So do I just take that program that I made from it SDAutoVE and do a full flash on the car and i'll be good too go or is there something else I have to do first?

Also, I noticed on the new os it shows on the front that I have a 4l60e in the car when the car originally came with a 6-speed and I now have a turbo 400 in the car, is it going to whig anything out putting this tune in?

Tordne
January 7th, 2007, 11:23 AM
If Chad has changed to OS to 12212156 then you'll need a full reflash for sure :).

Just check the Custom OS Tutorial and make sure all the tables mentioned are changed, not sure how far Chad went or what his objective was for you.

Loudmouth LS1
January 7th, 2007, 11:28 AM
If Chad has changed to OS to 12212156 then you'll need a full reflash for sure :).

Just check the Custom OS Tutorial and make sure all the tables mentioned are changed, not sure how far Chad went or what his objective was for you.

Well he was upgrading the OS for me so I could use the autove easier and use the custom os when I decide to do that. Yes, it is 12212156, and like I said, it shows 4l60e under transmission on the front page when I open it up, is that going to affect anything seeing I originally had an m6 and it now has a turbo 400? I checked most of my tables that I had modified in my tune and they all seem to be the same from my tune. After the full flash, it should be good to go, correct? I just noticed it also shows a diff vin, is that normal?

Tordne
January 7th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I have no clue about the trans... Was your previous tune an M6 tune, or was it an auto and showed 4L60E as well?

Loudmouth LS1
January 7th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I have no clue about the trans... Was your previous tune an M6 tune, or was it an auto and showed 4L60E as well?

My original tune shows Manual, it was my stock operating system.

Tordne
January 7th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I doubt you'll be able to tune any of the auto parameters in the auto tune for your trans. I suspect that you "should" probably use an M6 tune again. But, you may want to check with Chad!

Loudmouth LS1
January 7th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I doubt you'll be able to tune any of the auto parameters in the auto tune for your trans. I suspect that you "should" probably use an M6 tune again. But, you may want to check with Chad!

Yeah, the 400 is manual shift, so it's not like it uses anything, but I didn't wanna throw any weird codes or whatnot, I tried contacting chad (not sure if his number is his cell, but was hopin maybe I could catch him) and couldn't get him, I think i'll hold off till I can contact him.

Loudmouth LS1
January 7th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Sweet, he called back!!! Gonna get everything taken care of!!! :master:

wait4me
January 7th, 2007, 12:06 PM
It is good to use the auto program,, Then all you need to do is run 1 wire from the pcm to the Park neutral input so you have the rpm compensation ect. It just needs to see a ground when in park or neutral.

ringram
January 7th, 2007, 12:20 PM
I ran the auto tune in my manual for a bit. Only real issue was the reverse solonoid used to fight me when selecting reverse. Otherwise ran fine. That was in the early days :D

Loudmouth LS1
January 7th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Chad took care of it and resent me the file for a manual.

Loudmouth LS1
January 7th, 2007, 03:10 PM
It is good to use the auto program,, Then all you need to do is run 1 wire from the pcm to the Park neutral input so you have the rpm compensation ect. It just needs to see a ground when in park or neutral.

Where in the pcm would you tap that into?

wait4me
January 7th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Pin number 34 on the blue connector for your 99 pcm

Loudmouth LS1
January 7th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Pin number 34 on the blue connector for your 99 pcm

Wow, that's pretty cool, I guess I could have a relay powered by my neutral safety switch that would send ground too it, I might try it, just gotta get the car running right first! It doesn't wanna run for shit in SD to do the autove tuning to even get started! :frown: Any suggestions?

TAQuickness
January 7th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool, I guess I could have a relay powered by my neutral safety switch that would send ground too it, I might try it, just gotta get the car running right first! It doesn't wanna run for shit in SD to do the autove tuning to even get started! :frown: Any suggestions?

Take your time. the first drive will likely be rough. You VE table is fattened way up as a safety measure. Will take 1 or 2 drive cycles for the VE table to start taking it's new shape.