PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan V2 Licenses

01 Hawk
January 7th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I have a Personal VI FlashScan that I bought during the first month of the release. It has 4 VIN Licenses. The FlashScan V2 upgrade notes that
" V1 FSP (Personal) receives the V2 Tuning base package, 2 VIN licenses and 97/98 LS1 Stream".

So if I upgrade, does that mean I will no longer have my 4 licenses on the new V2?

ringram
January 7th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I believe you will get you old 4 plus the new 2. Tordne the license guru can confirm.

wait4me
January 7th, 2007, 11:31 AM
You can select how many you transfer over durring the update process. However, after the update you can not add any more licenses to your V1 unit.

01 Hawk
January 7th, 2007, 03:05 PM
OK. So if I have 4 do I get 4?

wait4me
January 7th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Only if that is what you select to transfer over. You can pick what and how many to tranfer over. Just call me tommorrow and ill explain everything.

Tordne
January 7th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I have just confirmed with Paul, and it appears that this is a *VERY GENEROUS* offer :)

In your case: having FlashScan V1 Personal purchased with the 4 license bonus on initial product release you will actually have 6 licenses after the upgrade.

ringram
January 7th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I believe you will get you old 4 plus the new 2. Tordne the license guru can confirm.

Nice guestimate :D

01 Hawk
January 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM
You can select how many you transfer over durring the update process. However, after the update you can not add any more licenses to your V1 unit.
So if I upgrades to a V2 why would I want to leave any of my licenses on my V1, other than for resale?

NEVER MIND. It is a generous offer!

I just wish I did not miss the initial rollout offer on the V2. Maybe I will have more time to actually play with it his year, now that I have an LS1 and an LS2 to play with.

ScarabEpic22
January 10th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I have the same thing, I bought my V1 cable back in March/April 06 and when I upgraded to V2 in late Nov/early Dec 06 my V2 upgrade cable had 4 VIN licenses on it plus I transferred all my V1 licenses (just 1 LL8 and 1 unused) so I have 6 licenses and only one of those is used. Now I just need to find some folks that need to be tuned!! (There is a guy next door to me with a Silverado 1500, wonder if when the L31 tuning is finalized he will let me play with it...:D)

wpage
January 13th, 2010, 12:48 PM
What happens if you sell your unit. Is everything transferable to new owner?
The EFI unit?
The lic left if any?

L31Sleeper
January 13th, 2010, 01:02 PM
The unit has no idea you sold it.
But if the upgrade has been completed that serial # is locked down with EFI Live
so the person you sold it to can not buy any new licenses.

Tordne
January 13th, 2010, 01:05 PM
A new owner will have no issues at all. They can continue to purchase additional licenses as required.

The only exception to this is with a FlashScan V1 unit which has been used to upgrade to FlashScan V2. In this case no further PCM licenses will be issued against the FlashScan V1 serial number.

joecar
January 13th, 2010, 01:33 PM
What happens if you sell your unit. Is everything transferable to new owner?
The EFI unit?
The lic left if any?The new owner gets:
- the hardware/cable,
- all licenses (used and un-used).

So the new owner will be able to flash the old owners licensed PCM/ECM/TCM modules.