PDA

View Full Version : Wow, i've got a lot of tuning to do!!!!

Loudmouth LS1
January 7th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I flashed in the '02 OS and put the SD for autove tune in the car and went to drive home from my fiancee's dad's house and the car didn't even wanna idle or run, it was breakin up driving down the road, as soon as I gave it any gas, it went stupid rich, 10's and 11's, and as soon as I let off it pegged lean!!! I had to pull over and throw the regular tune in and reconnect the maf to make it home!! Another thing, i'm throwing a bunch of codes already with the new os.

Anyone know what these are:

P0106 "Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance" EPA Pending ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P0106 "Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance" C ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

C0245 "EBCM Control Valve Circuit" H ($28) "Traction Control System (TCS) or Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)"

U1000 "Class 2 Data Link" HC ($60) "Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)"

I'm assuming the traction control one is cuz I never had traction control or cruise control or any of that in the car, it was a stripper no option car from the factory, has roll up windows and no power locks too, haha. Also, the SES light was flashing instead of goin solid, dunno what that's about, always thought that meant emmissions or misfire (had it happen when I bent pushrods a long time ago on the stock motor). But any help is definately appreciated, thanks!!! Don't know how the hell i'm gonna go and log to get the car dialed in if I can't even get it to run. :frown:

Also, for some reason the pid for the calcben for the wideband doesn't work, it's x'd and it won't read, says invalid or something, how do I fix that?

5.7ute
January 7th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Right click on the Pid & select more info.

ringram
January 7th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Check your map sensor is installed ok. They just sit at the back of the manifold. Check wiring and seating.

TAQuickness
January 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Safe to assume you do not get the MAP code with your original OS/tune in the car?

In your original tune, Double check the MAP sensor thresh hold limits, verify the code(s) for any SES you're getting with new tune are not turned off in the original tune.

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Safe to assume you do not get the MAP code with your original OS/tune in the car?

In your original tune, Double check the MAP sensor thresh hold limits, verify the code(s) for any SES you're getting with new tune are not turned off in the original tune.

Yeah, definately didn't get it with the original OS. Where do I find the MAP thresh hold limits?

Dirk Diggler
January 8th, 2007, 04:10 AM
The 2002 has map sensor check that is a little more stringent. Take a look under engine diagnistics and you can modify C3003 that should take of that code

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 05:31 AM
The 2002 has map sensor check that is a little more stringent. Take a look under engine diagnistics and you can modify C3003 that should take of that code

Yeah, I was lookin at everything this morning and that code was off in my original OS so I shut it off on this one too now, but i'll take a look at the C3003 as well, thanks man!

TAQuickness
January 8th, 2007, 07:38 AM
You kinda need to make sure the MAP sensor is working correctly for SD (non-COS5).

Any idea why that code was disabled before?

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 10:09 AM
You kinda need to make sure the MAP sensor is working correctly for SD (non-COS5).

Any idea why that code was disabled before?

I have no idea, I never touched it and no one else has ever tuned my car, so it had to have been disabled from the factory in my car, unless I did it and don't remember!

How do I make sure that it is working correctly, everything seems to be working with the map readings and all.

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 11:55 AM

Ok, I just got home from work and started lookin at this stuff, and my original OS doesn't even have C3003 (Predicted MAP Max) , the new one does though and has Predicted MAP Min, so should I modify those tables, or just shut the code? If modify the tables, what do I modify them too?

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I also just right clicked on the calcben for my WB and hit more info and this is the message it gave me:

Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - NGK {CALC.BENNGKAD1}

Expression:
factor = {CALC.AFRNGKDAD1.AFR}/{GM.AFR}
is NOT valid because:
Unknown parameter {CALC.AFRNGKDAD1.AFR}, at position 22.

PID value cannot be determined because
the following error would occur:
Expression not valid: Unknown parameter {CALC.AFRNGKDAD1.AFR}, at position 22.

How can I fix that?

Thanks for all the help guys!

(Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out, had the wrong file name in there, my bad!)

TAQuickness
January 8th, 2007, 01:03 PM
glad you got it sorted.

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 01:50 PM
glad you got it sorted.

Yeah, that part at least. I put the ve table back to where it was to start with for the autove instead of multiplying by 15% like it said too and at least I was able to get the car to drive, so I went for a ride and am gonna go make the changes and see if it helps. I tried to go through and hit as many cells as I can, but it's quite hard with a stalled auto, hehe.

joecar
January 8th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Go smooth on the throttle, you will get better data.

The cells you miss are the ones you won't usually see.

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Go smooth on the throttle, you will get better data.

The cells you miss are the ones you won't usually see.

Yeah, I was easing up in the rpms in each gear up too 4000 rpm. I'm gonna go drop the new tune in and go do some more logging.

Spdfrk1990
June 16th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I also just right clicked on the calcben for my WB and hit more info and this is the message it gave me:

Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - NGK {CALC.BENNGKAD1}

Expression:
factor = {CALC.AFRNGKDAD1.AFR}/{GM.AFR}
is NOT valid because:
Unknown parameter {CALC.AFRNGKDAD1.AFR}, at position 22.

PID value cannot be determined because
the following error would occur:
Expression not valid: Unknown parameter {CALC.AFRNGKDAD1.AFR}, at position 22.

How can I fix that?

Thanks for all the help guys!

(Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out, had the wrong file name in there, my bad!)

Im getting the same prob I have the NGK wideband and used the same pid file as you did??? What was the issue? I got rid of the extra D and it still has a X and says the same problem as yours.