PDA

View Full Version : Is Edge burring the truth?

serpa4
January 8th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Is Edge burring the truth?

I just got an edge Juice/attitude. On the xtreame diesel website, it mentions nothing about having to pay $100 for the advertised 100hp/200tq level.
Level 0: Stock
Level 1: 30 Horsepower - 60 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 2: 40 Horsepower - 80 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 3: 50 Horsepower - 90 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 4: 60 Horsepower - 100 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 5: 80 Horsepower - 130 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 6: 100 Horsepower - 200 Foot Pounds of Torque
HOT UNLOCK code required for level 6. To get the unlock code you must contact Edge Products and complete a waiver located under product updates.

Waiver does not mean $100!!! I wasn’t too worried about a waiver until I got transmission upgrades. Does waiver mean $100 to anyone? Do I have to actually go to the edge website, follow several links to read that they want to charge for the advertised hp?
Edge’s website:
GM/Dodge/Ford Drag Hot and Jammer Injector HOT UNLOCK Form

IMPORTANT: This form must be included with your returned Juice module and an Edge Products RMA number. RMA number must be written on the outside of the shipping box.

The Hot Juice upgrade or Jammer Injectors are a high performance product. It is strongly recommended that EGT gauges and boost gauges be installed with the use of these products as well as proper transmission
upgrades as recommended by a professional mechanic.

The installation of this product indicates that the BUYER has read and understands this agreement as well as the “disclaimer of liability” agreement contained at the end of this document and accepts its terms and conditions.

Even on the link where you download the form does it say you have to pay.

When I called Edge, the answer was I don’t need to send in the Juice since it’s a newer one. I just need the unlock code, so no down time.
Now I find out I have to pay.
So, the waiver must be read even if you don’t plan on using the 100 hp setting? I.e. I only wanted, at the time, 60hp till I upgraded. The wavier only applies to the 100 hp level. Now that I want the 100 hp and have to download the waiver and then find out they charge for it!?
Its listed no where on anyone’s website that you have to pay for the upgrade. This is BS and very deceptive. Do you actually have to follow several links (buried) to find the truth? Why don’t they just come out and say complete the waiver and send in the fees? That’s about 20% more costs!!
Maybe I should have gotten EFILive, its about the same price.

Trippin
January 8th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I am suprized to hear Edge buried the cost of the hot code like that. The LB7 stuff used to be sold in regular and "Hot" versions so you knew up front.

ringram
January 9th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Maybe I should have gotten EFILive, its about the same price.

Yep and some of the dealers here would have given you a 100bhp tune to go with it free if you bought it off them.

Sell your edge on, you know you want to!

Danville Performance
January 14th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Sell the edge and get a REAL power adder with EFILive! EFILive is a great tuning tool for the d-max. I only recommend an Edge box for stock trucks to my customers. If you already have a few upgrades there are way better ways to go with the programming.

Rambo
January 14th, 2007, 03:16 PM
What danville said. i sold my hot juice,and bought EFILive best move ever!!!