PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE is already makin a big diff, wow!!!

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 03:25 PM
After two logs and changes the car is cruising smoother than ever! Now, i've still got it in SD mode and she's having some idling issues. When I put her in gear from park or neutral she dies unless I give it gas at the same time. Also, she likes to idle up and hunt in park or neutral after i've been driving around (note: I've got a turbo 400 in the car and she's done this before, always have had some idle issues and they got worse with the 90/90, dunno if it has anything to do with the t400, cuz i've had it in there ever since i've had even a cam only motor, didn't seem to do it back then though, so I think it's something with the tune cuz of the big cam and good heads, etc). I did a search and am not finding any walk throughs for idle tuning, so any help with that would be great, after the idle, I guess i'll play with the wot, but i'm curious, all my cruising around is not changing anything in the ve for fueling at wot and I heard something about smoothing the ve table above 4000 rpm or something like that and then I was told you are supposed to devide 14.63 by whatever a/f you want at wot and that number will be the number to put into the pe vs rpm table, is this correct?

Also, I don't know if it affects anything, but I have no speedometer with the t400, and just out of curiosity, I keep seeing DFCO all over the place, what does that stand for?

5.7ute
January 8th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Deceleration fuel cut off. It turns off the injectors when the parameters are met.

Doc
January 8th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Do a search on RAFIG, RAFIPN, they stand for running airflow in gear and running airflow in park netural. B4307 is the table for these values. Be sure to have idle learning turned off by increasing the B4501 to max value. Your low spark values for IG and PN should be relatively close for smooth transition.

You are making good progress, just remember fuel- your VE, eventually if you choose MAF, Spark tables, and Air tables.

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Do a search on RAFIG, RAFIPN, they stand for running airflow in gear and running airflow in park netural. B4307 is the table for these values. Be sure to have idle learning turned off by increasing the B4501 to max value. Your low spark values for IG and PN should be relatively close for smooth transition.

You are making good progress, just remember fuel- your VE, eventually if you choose MAF, Spark tables, and Air tables.

Just got back from another flash with autove and it no longer dies when putting in gear with the latest changes to the ve, but it will hunt like crazy in neutral! But other than that it is idling perfect in gear now and driving like a champ other than a off idle stumble (don't know where that came from, looks like it's goin super lean off idle and then as soon as it fixes itself it clears out, so gonna have to play with that, assuming a part of the ve got leaned too much I guess).

I tried to log rafig but the pid has an x on it and shows that it's invalid, same for rafipn, what's up with that?

5.7ute
January 8th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Right click on it & select more info. There is a few other pids you need to select to get it to work.

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Right click on it & select more info. There is a few other pids you need to select to get it to work.

Gotcha, didn't realize you had to have the others selected to select those, just tried it and it opened it up!

Anyways, since I have an M6 computer, I should only need RAFIG, correct?

Doc
January 8th, 2007, 05:42 PM
You are probably going to develop a idle type tuning stragety, meaning the number of PIDS necessary to monitor(idle)(at least for me) RAFIG/RAFPN is going to suck up all of your 24 PIDS for a decent playback. I have several dashpage/pid combos to do different tasks ...as if we were in a perfect world we could monitor in real time an infinite amount of PIDS well for at least my monkey brain that is just not happening. I am just glad EFI Live exists as it does, as nothing else even comes close.

If somebody else has a better fortune cookie, please by all means I would love to find out that, yet yes once again I am completely off my rocker.

Loudmouth LS1
January 8th, 2007, 05:45 PM
You are probably going to develop a idle type tuning stragety, meaning the number of PIDS necessary to monitor(idle)(at least for me) RAFIG/RAFPN is going to suck up all of your 24 PIDS for a decent playback. I have several dashpage/pid combos to do different tasks ...as if we were in a perfect world we could monitor in real time an infinite amount of PIDS well for at least my monkey brain that is just not happening. I am just glad EFI Live exists as it does, as nothing else even comes close.

If somebody else has a better fortune cookie, please by all means I would love to find out that, yet yes once again I am completely off my rocker.

All I can say is that i'm very happy I went with EFI over HPT! I've got some buddies usin HPT and they seem to be having a really difficult time with it!

Big Kahuna
January 9th, 2007, 11:22 AM
All I can say is that i'm very happy I went with EFI over HPT! I've got some buddies usin HPT and they seem to be having a really difficult time with it!
Isn't it bloody great when you make the changes and find out your moving in a positive direction. To me its like wow Ive worked out WTF I am doing. I love it.
EFILive is the best mod I've bought for my car yet. Mind you the car was already professionally tune before I started and I had no issues with the tune. I just wanted to learn how to do some tuning and see how everything works.

hquick
April 29th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Hi guys,
Doc, I'm hoping you can offer me some advice.
I have a 98 Whippled 5.7L 4x4 Suburban.
I also have the 0411 PCM and am running a 2002 Express Van tune on COS3.
After running through the AutoVE process, I have my VE table dialled in pretty well.
I am having a very strange idle issue.
I have tried logging for the RAFIG, RAFIPN process but am not sure if I should apply the results as yet.
When I pull up somewhere the idle drops steadily from 14.7 or so AFR to around 10.5?
After reading and searching here I came across this thread and you suggested that the B4501 needed to be maxed to 140. I did this (as mine was set to 80 and that was where the AFR's seemed to suddenly drop during RAFPIN LOGGING), loaded the tune and tried again....firstly I logged RAFIPN Then a driving log.
I got lean conditions around idle but the AFR's soon dropped to 10-11 after sitting in idle for a minute or so.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated....I'm lost!