PDA

View Full Version : 99 and 00 OS questions.

Rhino79
January 9th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Hey guys, I have got a couple of cars to tune this weekend, one is a 99 Firehawk T/A, and the other is a 2000 T/A, each have some bolt-on mods, but the pcms on both are still stock. I see that people upgrade to newer year operating systems like the 02, what are the benifits and how do I go about doing this, just a full reflash I assume, then tune from there. What about the vin#, do I just change it in the .tun file on the calibration tab or the vin tab? This is my first go around with changing OS. Is there anything else I'm leaving out? Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Redline Motorsports
January 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Ryan,

The first thing you should do is go out the the EFI Live site and download the tutorial on OS's. This will give you a good idea on how to do it. Then you'll have some more questions and we'll all be here!:)

Petty easy to do. A couple advantages to upgrading to a new os is that there are more parameters typically available and being able to compare tunes with all the cars you tune. Additionally these are some cool custom os's that like to be used with newer os's.

Howard

Doc
January 9th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Execellent points H! I would further have you download a sample OS and look over the increased resoultion of the idle parameters and of course to look ever so carefully at B3605. Upon further inspection I think you will find the increased resoultion very helpful. As Howard said, the tutorials are a great springboard for more questions.

I personally don't know why I waited so long to use a COS on my own car.

Rhino79
January 9th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the info! So since both these cars are using stock pcms, never been tuned....I can download the 2002 Camaro stock tune file from Holden Crazy and full re-flash with it and then get to tuning?

Tordne
January 9th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Correct, 2002 OS is the way to go :)

Rhino79
January 9th, 2007, 04:37 PM
What about changing vin info?

Tordne
January 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Just change the VIN info in the 2002 file to that of the vehicle. I don't think there is anything tricky required.

Rhino79
January 9th, 2007, 05:05 PM
O.K. I see, when you copy and paste the vin #, the vin info changes automatically. That's what I was wondering about. Thanks guys!!