PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rid of Engine Misfire Codes

RandomHero
January 9th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Well, before anyone asks. I did a search and tried what everybody said to do and I still can't get rid of it.

Here's what I tried:
C5601-Set the value to 1(didn't work)
C5621- Set the entire table to 32767(didn't work)

What am I doing wrong?

I just put in a pretty big cam so that's why it's recieving misfires, but the transmission won't lock up. I just drove 400 miles without stopping and the converter never locked up once which I know can't be good.

I'm pulling a Random Misfire Code and a number 8 cylinder misfire code.

Thanks

EDIT- Could I set p0300 to not reported? Would that be a bad idea?

RandomHero
January 9th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I just talked to Rhino79 and he told me to set all the tables to 32767(maxed). So all 6 misfire tables are maxed out. Misfire max temp is at 1* and p0300 code is set to not reported.

If I still have misfire codes I'm just gonna set the truck on fire.

NewV
January 9th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Would that be considered treating the problem or the symptom? :)

I'm wary of turning things off that are meant to protect me from myself. :nixweiss:

RandomHero
January 9th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Would that be considered treating the problem or the symptom? :)

I'm wary of turning things off that are meant to protect me from myself. :nixweiss:
Yea I know exactly what you mean, and if anyone has a fix to the problem please enlighten me. I tried searching and every thread was just ideas for hiding the problem, not fixing it.

NewV
January 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Yea I know exactly what you mean, and if anyone has a fix to the problem please enlighten me. I tried searching and every thread was just ideas for hiding the problem, not fixing it.

Good luck, this board is very quite tonite. Normally you can barely press the submit button before several experts have responded. This board is full of great guys with lots of experience who like to help and share. Tough to find that these days. :cheers:

Rhino79
January 9th, 2007, 05:55 PM
You could try increasing the tables a little at a time also.

I used this thread for reference when studying the P0300 code situation. It happens with cams and some torque converters:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162767