PDA

View Full Version : Rich idle

gcross
January 10th, 2007, 12:00 AM
hey guys,

I just get my LC-1 installed and it's great. But I did find out that in idle I'm reading rich I believe. Its about 11.6, but as soon as you get on the throttle it start to get closer back to 14.63, but drops as soon as you get off the throttle. I'm working on autove tune which is going great it's just my throttle that sucks. It have played with the throttle stop screw to try and get more air at idle. Also there is a holley 90mm with LS6 intake moded to fit. And I hear people say tune the idle, but what on the idle do you tune. still new to the tuning. Any help would be great.

Gary

TAQuickness
January 10th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Gary - Welcome to the forum.

Adjusting the set screw at this point is not helping you much due to the adaptive learning the PCM does for idle (i.e. you turn the screw and in 5 minutes the PCM adjust it's self to counter your screw turn).

What you'll want to do is focus on the idle area of the VE table. Verify your commanded AFR at idle is something sane (14ish:1) then tune the VE.

Then you'll want to take a look at your IAC steps. Hot idle should be in the 30-80 range (depends on who you talk to - I like 80 myself). From there you can adjust your setscrew or TB hole to get the IAC steps back in line.

Doc
January 10th, 2007, 01:35 AM
And do a search on runnning airflow in gear, park /netural (RAFIG) (RAFPN)