PDA

View Full Version : searching doesn't like me much... 2.73's to 3.42's

Koncrete
January 11th, 2007, 07:29 AM
I bang off the rev limiter going from 1st to 2nd really bad, I actually let off the gas pedal when it's shifting so it will go...

I have the proper gear settings so speedo reads correctly, what else do I need to change?

Tordne
January 11th, 2007, 08:42 AM
When changing the gear ratio there will have been an option to recalculate the shift point tables for the transmission.

Under 'Speedometer->Parameters' where you entered the new ratio there is an 'Adjust' button in the 'Transmission shift point adjustment' section. That is where you need to do it :)

If you didn't do this probably the easiest thing to do is copy the values back from your original tune, save it as some other file name. Then open this new file, make the ratio change again, but this time also do the shift point adjustments.

Koncrete
January 18th, 2007, 06:29 AM
well I didn't want to respond to this because I didn't want to look like a dumbass... but...

I had my laptop fail and I lost the original tune for my vehicle... so is it possible to go in and set the gear back to 2.73 save without doing the transmission adjust, then change it back to 3.23 and apply the transmission adjust?

why does that question just sound dumb in my head?

:help2:

Koncrete
January 22nd, 2007, 03:13 AM
:poke:

joecar
January 22nd, 2007, 04:57 AM
well I didn't want to respond to this because I didn't want to look like a dumbass... but...

I had my laptop fail and I lost the original tune for my vehicle... so is it possible to go in and set the gear back to 2.73 save without doing the transmission adjust, then change it back to 3.23 and apply the transmission adjust?

why does that question just sound dumb in my head?

:help2:Koncrete,

No problem, "stuff" happens to everyone...

Yes, go ahead and do that, but I would close the file after setting 2.73, make a copy of this file, and then reopen the original to do 3.23 and the adjust; that way you have a copy in case things go bad (we're dealing with computers... :D ).

Joe

Koncrete
January 22nd, 2007, 06:05 AM
cool, I will give it a shot at lunch... hopefully I wont kill it... I probably wont be able to test it for a couple of days because we just got our first snowfall here in DC...

Tordne
January 22nd, 2007, 06:56 AM
You may also be able to find a stock tune in the tune repository to compare to?