PDA

View Full Version : New COS3c Problems

RonC
January 11th, 2007, 08:09 AM
I just reflashed with the new 1250003c OS to my 2005 truck and it would not let me flash my bin into the blank OS. The mesage came up that said I needed to "license this pcm" It would not let me reflash as it came back up with the same license message. I had to relicense my pcm to be able to flash my file into it. It failed twice but on the third time it worked. It seems to have changed my engine # and reset my engine hours also. this is all I have found so far. I have flashed this pcm over 50 times and 3 complete OS flashes before and never had a problem. Did I do something wrong or do we have a problem somewhere else? On the other hand it seems to have fixed the A0008 problem.

Ron

Tordne
January 11th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Are you using the latest software build (build 555 for Tune Tool). There was an issue with 0000000 PCM serial numbers. Not sure if this is the problem...

RonC
January 11th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Yes, build 555. I was going to send the "before" and "after" flash files to the support center if this the correct thing to do. If not, what and where to?

Tordne
January 11th, 2007, 09:43 AM
I've forwarded those on to Ross for him to have a look.

GMPX
January 11th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Ron, looking at the files I got I cannot understand why you were asked to relicense the PCM.
Is one of those files read out after you had to re-license?
If not, can you please read it out now and then send that file to Andrew.

Cheers,
Ross

RonC
January 11th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Yes Ross, The "A" file was before and "B" was after the relicense. I also included a log file. I have not had any other problems and I am WELL pleased with your product and service.

Ron

RonC
January 11th, 2007, 11:41 AM
I don't know if you got the part of my message about it licensing a different engine #. My original license # was OGWDA5020 and the new license is OFE625370.

Ross, I misread your post and no I did not read the pcm after reflashing. I will do that now and send it. The "B" file was what I flashed into COS3c.

File sent

RonC
January 16th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Ross, Did you get my "read after flash" file that I sent Andrew? If so, have you found out anything yet?

Thanks,
Ron