PDA

View Full Version : new firmware help-please!!

dynarex
January 13th, 2007, 03:23 AM
i can never seem to download the latest firmware-it gets through to 114688 out of 298505 then stop programming and reads error 6
ive uninstalled and reinstalled several times and the same thing happens
it did the same thing on the last firmware update too-what the heck am i doing wrong??:nixweiss:

joecar
January 13th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Dynarex,

I notified Paul/Blacky of your problem.

Joe

joecar
January 13th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Dynarex,

Looking at your other post...

Do you get "error 6" when updating the firmware on the V2 FlashScan unit, or when trying to install EFILive software...?

Joe

dynarex
January 13th, 2007, 09:16 AM
programming error6 comes up when trying to update the firmware
now ive messed around with everything so much im completely lost
now when i opn tuning tool it wont recognize my pcm either
im ready to throw everything in the trash and start over:eek:
Dean

joecar
January 13th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Dean,

Hold on, Paul will get back to you...

A list of your problems so far:
a. updating the firmware in the V2 fails (error 6);
b. tune tool fails to recognize your PCM;

Is this the version of software that you installed: V733_475_605_555 (http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.zip)

Joe

dynarex
January 13th, 2007, 09:32 AM
thats the one ive been trying to install-i can do the 447 version-which is what i have now-i try the 555 version and the latest from today and both stop and say programming error6
add all this to the fact that im more mechanical than computor orientated and im ready to quit the whole thing!
Dean

Blacky
January 13th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Hi Dean,

When you power up FlashScan V2 do the two orange LEDs flash alternately, or does it boot up and show the normal FlashScan logo followed by a menu?

If it starts up normally, please select the following menu option:
F4->F1->F1 which will show you the various firmware version numbers. Please let me know what the version numbers are for the boot block and the application. You will need to use the arrow keys to scroll down to the requested information.

If it starts up with the orange LEDs flashing, please run the "Update FlashScan V2 Firmware" software on your PC and click on the [Status] button to show the boot block firmware version.
Please let me know what the version number is for the boot block.

Regards
Paul

dynarex
January 13th, 2007, 09:42 AM
boot block
ver-2.04.10
date-10 nov 2006

Blacky
January 13th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Dean,

Does it power up and flash the orange LEDs? Or does it power up and operate normally?

Regards
Paul

dynarex
January 14th, 2007, 01:30 AM
sometimes its normal-most of the time the lites flash even though i dont hold the control button -i went through its self tests and they all are ok

Blacky
January 14th, 2007, 01:37 AM
sometimes its normal-most of the time the lites flash even though i dont hold the control button -i went through its self tests and they all are ok

It sounds like it could be a faulty unit. If so, it will be replaced under warranty. Please send me an email at paul@efilive.com and I'll send you instructions for returning the unit.

Regards
Paul

dynarex
January 14th, 2007, 07:19 AM
paul,did you get my e-mail?

Blacky
January 14th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Yes, it came in at 2:30am, I have replied...
Regards
Paul

McRat
January 14th, 2007, 10:43 AM

Ship the unit back to me at:

McRat Racing
310 S. Maple Street
Suite F
Corona CA 92880

I will ship a new unit out to you Monday.

Pat

dynarex
January 14th, 2007, 11:22 AM
thanks pat
you guys are the best:D

dean