PDA

View Full Version : !VATS for remote start

warscout2
January 13th, 2007, 11:32 PM
is there any way i can remove the need for the little key pellet so i can us a remote start with out having to install a resister on a relay. im looking to be able to just deleate vats out of the pcm im not sure what the bcm has to do with it.
can some oneplease help?:bawl:

GMPX
January 14th, 2007, 12:02 AM
No problem.
With the tun file loaded go to -
System > Theft > Parameters (or type G1201 in the navigator window).
Then change G1201 to 'None'
That is it, now you don't need the coded key to get the engine to run.

Cheers,
Ross

wait4me
January 14th, 2007, 05:23 AM
The BCM will keep the vehicle starter from cranking though, you will have to just jumper over the purple wire to your switch relay.

warscout2
January 14th, 2007, 03:55 PM
what purple wire and how do i jumper it?
do i need a bcm?

wait4me
January 14th, 2007, 03:57 PM
IF you dont have a bcm and the starter works when you turn the key then you are good to go by just shutting off pcm vats, If you have a car that has Vats system in it, it is a 2 part system. BCM blocks starter, pcm shuts of spark/fuel. :)

warscout2
January 14th, 2007, 04:31 PM
i think i have a bcm and im not sure how to jumper it

mrrattle
January 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
you can just measure the resistance of the pellet in your key, then find a resistor that has the same resistance, then go to the base of the steering column and find the orange wire harness that has two small white wires inside.

unplug the connector, on the body side of the harness solder in the resistor that you selected from the above test, thats it. (if you put a switch in the circuit you can still disable the car when parked)

warscout2
January 19th, 2007, 05:21 PM
ya i already fixed it i just forgot to update my post

joecar
January 19th, 2007, 07:34 PM
mrrattle, welcome to the forum. :cheers: