PDA

View Full Version : ETC Calibration Feature

405HP_Z06
April 28th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I was looking at the feature comparison and this isn't available in the personal version. I have a Z06, what does this mean to me?

Blacky
April 28th, 2005, 04:42 PM
To edit the ETC tables, you must upgrade to the Commercial version. Upgrades are only $150 and can be done via email, so you do not need to return your cable. The Personal to Commercial upgrade options is being added to our online store this weekend.

We have consistently marketed EFILive FlashScan Personal as
"It will not damage your PCM".
We will continue to maintain that qulity in the Personal version . There is nothing in the Personal version that will "fry" or otherwise render your PCM useless.

Three operations that are provided by the Workshop version can cause your PCM to fail, they are:

1. Full reflash (instead of just a calibration reflash) which can render your PCM useless if a failure occurs in the first 5 seconds or reflashing.

2. Locking your PCM, which if you "forget" your key will prevent you from unlocking the PCM again.

3. If the ETC tables are changed incorrectly or corrupted in any way then the PCM may enter reduced power mode permanently.

Those three options were originally restricted to the Workshop version only. However, it later became necessary to offer those features to Personal users as well.

We could not simply add them into the Personal version because that would break our promise of "It will not damage your PCM". So we created the Commercial version. The Commercial version is really the Workshop version with a Personal licensing scheme.

It is the preferred option of Workshops that intend to eventually "trade in" their Commercial PCM licenses for a Workshop version.

Upgrading to the Commercial version is a safety measure that helps to prevent "just anyone" from playing with these dangerous features - "just because they are there". Upgrading to the Commercial version indicates to EFILive, that the customer is aware of the potential problems and has a legitimate reason to be using those extra features.

Regards
Paul

405HP_Z06
April 29th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the information Paul! I currently have HP Tuners and am considering Flashscan. Which tables ETC tables would I not have access to with the personal edition?

wait4me
April 29th, 2005, 05:30 PM
well, i played around with them today on a vette, You can totally change the feel of driving by changing them.. The response on low end can be dramatically increased, Even though you arent making any more horsepower. The car felt much more aggressive and i think im going to set up a drag race mode, you can set up an exact % of throttle per rpm, so you can make a consistant launch every time no matter what.. you just floor it and the computer will do the rest.... :) soo much stuff to try and not enough free time.......

Blacky
April 29th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the information Paul! I currently have HP Tuners and am considering Flashscan. Which tables ETC tables would I not have access to with the personal edition?

There are 3 calibrations:

Parameters Value
ETC Max Idle Contribution 2.802734 %
ETC Max Position for Idle 18.300781 %
Minimum Throttle Blade Position 0.253906 %

and 3 tables:
Two tables that map pedal position to throttle position at different baramoetric pressures depending on what mode the ETC module is in.
And a table that maps the maximum throttle position that can be commanded based on engine speed (RPM).