PDA

View Full Version : OK, now what?

eboggs_jkvl
January 15th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I did the "firmware update and I get: "Upgrade pending" "Before using this device, select the Flashscan V2 Upgrade Option on your PC"

Exactly where is that?

There is a 12 digit number appearing on the V2

I already have the V2 USB installed.

What the hell does this thing want?

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
January 15th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Well shit. OK, I found the Flash Scan V2 Upgrade Option.

What the hell do I put in? Too much red text and warnings to screw this up.

Elmer

Blacky
January 15th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Hi Elmer,

Basically it is a simple process. You just need to decide which license slots you need want to copy/move from your V1 to your V2 cable.

You can copy used licenses, I highly recommend selecting this option because then you can tune those licensed vehicles using both cables.

You can move unused licenses. Unused licenses will be flagged as "upgraded" in the V1 cable and cannot be used anymore on the V1 cable. They will be added to the V2 cable as unused VIN licenses.

That's really the only two choices you need to make.

Before you click the Upgrade button, the left side of the screen shows the licenses your V1 will have on it after you perform upgrade, the right side of the screen shows the licenses your V2 will have after you perform the upgrade.

Regards
Paul

eboggs_jkvl
January 15th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Crikey! I have to find the V1 connector to get the 1 license I used on my son's car. My 98 didn't use any licenses and the new Corvette will use the 2nd one I have available. Oh hell! Where did I put that darn thing. I didn't think I needed it anymore.

eboggs_jkvl
January 17th, 2007, 06:03 AM
We are not doing well in the quest to find that darn V1 thingie. I've got a new vette in the Garage and I can't bitch-slap that darn CAGs! Grrrr.

Elmer

ringram
January 17th, 2007, 08:14 AM
98 Vette still shouldnt use any licenses IIRC even on v2

kbracing96
January 17th, 2007, 09:05 AM
98 Vette still shouldnt use any licenses IIRC even on v2

But ya got to run the transfer utility before you can use the V2, or you can't do the transfer. Once you close out the transer part, you can't go back to it.

eboggs_jkvl
January 17th, 2007, 09:29 AM
You are correct on the 98 thing, I had not used a license on it. I did tag one license for my son's car when he put my old LS1 into his 83 Camaro and used a 99+ PCM in his car. I'm still looking but I'm feeling older and older as the minutes go by. Shit, what the hell did I do with it? Maybe the cat ate it?

Blacky
January 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I can send you a code to bypass the upgrade process but by doing that you'll not get any licenses from your V1 transferred to your V2 unit. If you're happy "losing" those V1 licenses, then let me know and I'll send the code.

Regards
Paul

eboggs_jkvl
January 22nd, 2007, 07:09 AM
We might get to that. I'm still looking for the darn thing. Does the V2 come with 1 or 2 licenses? My old V1 only had my son's car on it with one other license spare. I haven't given up yet. Old people have lousy memories. We put stuff in "safe" places so we won't lose it. Right... can't find it but it ain't lost! (Yet!)

Blacky
January 22nd, 2007, 08:47 AM
The V2 has 2 VIN licenses. So if you did find your V1 and performed the upgrade, you would end up with your son's PCM license in the V2 and 3 spare VIN licenses. Your son's PCM license would also remain in the V1 and you would be able to use both the the V1 and V2 to tune your son's vehicle.

If you bypass the upgrade process, you would have only the standard 2 VINs in the V2 unit.

Regards
Paul

joecar
January 22nd, 2007, 10:23 AM
Elmer,

It's to your advantage to find your V1... we hope you do... it can't be too far from your car or your son's car. :cheers:

Joe

eboggs_jkvl
January 22nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
Elmer,

It's to your advantage to find your V1... we hope you do... it can't be too far from your car or your son's car. :cheers:

Joe

:eek: workin on it. I have more boxes to go through!

eboggs_jkvl
January 28th, 2007, 02:07 PM
HAH!!!!!! Buried with the old A-tap and ls1 edit junk was the V1! I've updated and I'm all set!

Now, CAGS! You are dead meat!

Elmer

joecar
January 29th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Elmer, good job finding it. :cheers:

eboggs_jkvl
January 29th, 2007, 08:39 AM
OK, going further.

I hooked up to the car and tried to read the ECM. It was mad at the 98 controller interface so I changed it to 05+ GEN-IV (E40) and clicked on "read" ECM. I got "Flashscan Cable: Unknown."

So what did I screw up this time?

kbracing96
January 29th, 2007, 08:42 AM
OK, going further.

I hooked up to the car and tried to read the ECM. It was mad at the 98 controller interface so I changed it to 05+ GEN-IV (E40) and clicked on "read" ECM. I got "Flashscan Cable: Unknown."

So what did I screw up this time?

Have you upgraded to the latest version of the software? (build 555 I believe?)

eboggs_jkvl
January 29th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I'm upgraded.

Was I supposed to select F3 and press "OK" for Vehicle on the V2 box? Then try and read?

kbracing96
January 29th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Shouldn't have to do anything on the V-2 box, right now it's pretty dumb and useless, lol. Just a pass-though device ;)

I haven't tried to read a E40 pcm yet, but mine worked on a 98 Vortec the other day.

eboggs_jkvl
January 29th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Well, I'm trying to read my new 07 Vette and I really really really don't want to screw this up.

Thanks anyhow.. :D

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
January 31st, 2007, 04:57 AM
It seems I an SOL for now as the PCM is locked and I can't tune. The cord is fine. I can scan and record but I can't downlaod the tune nor edit the tune.

kbracing96
January 31st, 2007, 08:21 AM
I think I may know what the problem here is. Your 07 Vette I believe has the E38 PCM in it and I don't believe it is supported in efilive yet. Might sent Ross a pm about it.

eboggs_jkvl
January 31st, 2007, 08:32 AM
PM sent, thanks.