PDA

View Full Version : highlighting not working

tazinhawaii
January 15th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Back when I got EFI Live the highlighting function of the maps in the tuning software worked when I had a log file open in the scan tool. It hasn't worked in a while, and now I can't seem to make it work. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm not logging the right parameters. Which MAP and RPM parameters go into the VE table? It's really confusing in a lot of tables for that. Do the tables use the SAE values or the GM values?

Thanks,
Derrick

NewV
January 15th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Do you have a filter on?

joecar
January 15th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Taz,

In the Tune Tool, when viewing a table, look at each axis...
The linking pid is shown {link:xxx.xxx}... this exact pid must have been logged in the Scan Tool;

also in the tune tool, go Edit->Properties->Scanner and make sure you have a check mark next to "Highlight Scan Tool selection in Tune Tool maps"...

You may also put a check mark next to "Runway Highlighting" (which highlights the row and column intersecting at the cell of intererest.

Joe

Tordne
January 15th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I think he means the Maps in the Scan Tool highlighting, not the Tune Tool. I haven't checked that for ages... I know what you mean though.

Tordne
January 15th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I just checked this and I think you're right. I'll email Paul and ask him about it.

I think that is the setting that should do it.

joecar
January 16th, 2007, 02:55 AM
I think he means the Maps in the Scan Tool highlighting, not the Tune Tool. I haven't checked that for ages... I know what you mean though.
I just checked this and I think you're right. I'll email Paul and ask him about it.

I think that is the setting that should do it. Oh, Scan Tool map linking... :doh:

It seems to work for me (in chart I highlight a few frames, and then on MAP tab I see only the cells corresponding to those frames).

I'm using 475_605_666.

Tordne
January 16th, 2007, 06:48 AM
You mean 475_605_555 ;) The 666 version is evil so we'll probably skip that LOL

You are correct Joe, but I think he is talking about something else :sad:

You know how when you change cells in the Scan Tool and look at the table in the Tune Tool it is highlighted (different color cell)? Well, the Maps in the Scan Tool used to do that as well to follow data in the Scan Tool.

If you look at a BEN map for example there will be a single dark highlighted cell, which changes when you click or highlight other cell ranges. This cell used to move around with the data selection. It is this that doesn't work anymore.

If you open a log and go to the BEN map and play the log you'll see the cell highlight move around...

joecar
January 16th, 2007, 07:13 AM
lol... 555 not 666... :bash: typo x 3... :D

You mean if I highlight a cell (or a few cells) in the BEN map in the ST, then in the TT the VE table shows [is supposed to show] those cells highlighted...?

Tordne
January 16th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Get your MSN loaded :)

joecar
January 16th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Got it going on my PC at work. My PC at home still needs attention.

tazinhawaii
January 16th, 2007, 09:23 AM
There is some confusion. What I'm trying to explain is that when I play a logged file or select a spot in a logged file in the scan tool, that if I have the tuning tool open to a table (i.e. VE) that the associated cell that is in use is highlighted. Am I out to lunch here? It's been a while and maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it's just not working that way (I have GM_MAP and RPM) logged.

Thanks,
Derrick

Tordne
January 16th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Arh, so joecar was right. That has never been a problem for me so I assumed the other which used to work also.

I notice that you are logging GM.MAP. Try logging SAE.MAP, I think that might fix it for you.

joecar
January 16th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Yes, the tables in the TT show which pids are the link pids (look at the VE table's axis's).

ringram
January 16th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I had a similar problem a while back and posted up.

Did a reinstall of the software and all came well. I suspect something wasnt quite right somewhere.

The Alchemist
February 11th, 2008, 07:52 PM
slightly related question : looked and looked for the answer to before posting :
how do you change the PID linking in the tune tool spark map from say DynCylair.dma to say cylair.dma.
Currently my spark map in the tune tool is linked to dyncylair.dma but the timing figures logged in the scanner are clearly using cylair.dma which is of a slightly lesser value over 4000rpm which affects the timing displayed on the scan tool vs what is shown in the spark map highlighting.
Cheers,

Mike

joecar
February 12th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Open the file C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\cal_link.txt with Notepad.exe, search for the table you want to change the link pid of, and edit the link pid right there; be careful not to mess anything up; save the file; start the tune tool.

This file may be overwritten when you do an EFILive software update, so you may want to save a copy of it elsewhere.

The Alchemist
February 12th, 2008, 05:36 PM
awesome thanks Joe was heading that way but wasn't sure....