PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Trims are 0

Rhino79
January 16th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I was tuning a 99 Firehawk with LT's, ORY, Sweet Thunder Mufflers, SLP lid, and a 4000 Converter. I upgraded the OS to the 2002 system and when I started logging, the LTFT's and STFT's were on 0 and they stayed there. So I looked at the O2 mv's, one stayed at ~.800 and the other ~.440. Niether switched at all. As far as I know they are the originals, and the car has 75,000 miles. Do you guys think that the O2's are shot and causing the fuel trims to be inactive?

Thanks Ryan

Tordne
January 16th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Are you in open loop? If so trimming doesn't happen :)

TAQuickness
January 16th, 2007, 10:12 PM
if you are getting DTC's for the O2's, you in open loop and you're trims would likely be 0.

NewV
January 17th, 2007, 01:40 AM
My O2 mv's are constantly changing as they show to the 3rd decimel point. This is in OL or CL provided they are plugged in.

Rhino79
January 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM
if you are getting DTC's for the O2's, you in open loop and you're trims would likely be 0.

O.k so with a bad o2(s), it puts the pcm in OL then? That would explain my problem then cause it had a insufficent activity code for the passenger side O2. Awesome, I've looked through the tune about 4 times last night and today comparing tables to other tunes of the same OS, and I couldn't find anythhing putting me in OL. All the CL enablers were right on with the factory tune. Must be the bad O2 then...thanks!