PDA

View Full Version : RR w/ BT

TAQuickness
January 18th, 2007, 11:13 AM
What can I say :D It's bad to the bone!

I didn't experience any issues using the BT on XP SP2. Took all of 15 minutes (yes I timed it) to install the RR hardware and get my self connected. I probably could have done it in 10 if I hadn't stopped for a beer.

Craig, Paul, Ross, Donna, and who ever else is behind the silver curtains

:notacrook: ! ! ! YOU ROCK ! ! ! :notacrook:

limited cv8r
January 18th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Is your bluetooth as fast as a direect USB connection?

TAQuickness
January 18th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I haven't tried the USB yet. I'll give it a spin this weekend and let you know.

limited cv8r
January 18th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Was your bluetooth the bluesoleil supplied with the roadrunner by Craig or was it a different brand/type. As you can see from my RR bluetooth posts I had a fair bit of grief with my bluetooth.

TAQuickness
January 18th, 2007, 10:43 PM
It's the bluesoleil, but no the one suplied with the RR.

About 4 months ago I picked up a BT dongle so I could connect my phone with my laptop. It came with the bluesoleil CD (looks to be the same software as supplied with the RR).

Otherwise, all I did was connect the BT hardware to the RR, then plug in the supplied dongle to my laptop, opened BS (:D), scaned for devices, RR showed up in about 10 seconds, then clicked the serial icon.

The really bad ass part is being able to sit in my living room while connected to the PCM ;)

Delco
January 19th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Have you been able to retrieve the tune out of the pcm via the bluetooth ?

limited cv8r
January 19th, 2007, 01:05 AM
i have had trouble retrieving tunes from RR. Often they are retrieved and I get a message "BadFileFormat", mail to efilive support. This happens if you do a fresh connect to RR and try to read, if you write a tune into RR then read it back out this does not happen.

Cougar281
January 19th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Does it have to use the supplied BT Dongle? If/When a RR for the LLY comes to exist, I may look into getting one, and my notebook has BT built in.

limited cv8r
January 19th, 2007, 03:50 AM
no. I have used the supplied one plus another one, TAQuickness also wrote "It's the bluesoleil, but not the one suplied with the RR." Here is a link to Craigs website regarding bluetooth setup http://www.moates.net/roadrunner/bluetooth.htm

Tordne
January 19th, 2007, 06:41 AM
It should work with multiple Bluetooth stacks, including the XP SP2 stack :)

Delco
January 19th, 2007, 04:07 PM
i have had trouble retrieving tunes from RR. Often they are retrieved and I get a message "BadFileFormat", mail to efilive support. This happens if you do a fresh connect to RR and try to read, if you write a tune into RR then read it back out this does not happen.

Using bluetooth or USB , never been able to get a read when using bluetooth and if I use USB with the laptop on battery power it corrupts everytime leaving the car stranded.

limited cv8r
January 19th, 2007, 05:25 PM
just been having another play with RR bluetooth (still a pain to connect sometimes, but I think thats software issues) by accident I worked out that I need to turn on emulation before trying to do a read of RR. Seems to work sucessfully every time if I do this, if emulation is not on I get the "badBinFile" error message & the car will not start.

GMPX
January 20th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I'll send a message to Paul to get him to check the Bluetooth. I'm not sure if he uses one though.

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
January 20th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Don't think Paul has the Bluetooth...

GMPX
January 20th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Guess you better pay him a visit through the week :) , though, I think Robin at Torque Performance has one too Paul could borrow.

Cheers,
Ross

limited cv8r
January 21st, 2007, 03:13 AM
These are the three main errors that I recieve:
1:/ can't set vendor to 1 - usually get this when trying to connect to RR
2:/ Bad bin file format - get this if I download tune from RR after connecting/ car will also not start after this unless you load a tune from file into Flashscan and do a full write back to RR
3:/ operating system not compatible - This usually happens also after the Bad bin file read if you load a tune from file to flashscan and try to do a calibration only write, this requires you to do a full write to the RR otherwise car disabled (looking at the error message gives me the impression that the ram in RR is erased or something similar)
Here are some screenshots of those errors + the save Badbinfile.tun.

TAQuickness
January 25th, 2007, 12:28 AM
It's taken me a while to get back around to it, but I finally had the chance to do a side by side USB vs BT.

USB is fast! Bluetooth - I still don't know. I think there is still some tweaking on the BT end I need to do before it will properly connect. As it stands, using BT, I can connect, via radio button in the RR control panel, to the RR, but can't do anything beyond that. Free time is still a bit scarce, but I will post up my results when I get them.

BTW, the RR is bad ass! I'm so very glad I didn't go with the tinkertoy alternatives :D

Tordne
January 25th, 2007, 07:05 AM
I think I need to get this Bluetooth thing just so I know how it works...