PDA

View Full Version : PCM vs. TCM

Boost
January 18th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I understand that the engine and the transmission computers take one credit each. My question is regarding my co-workers '06 2500HD (2wd) with a 6.0 liter. He says he has no transmission control module, and the PCM controls the tranny. In this case, how many credits does it take to tune both his engine and transmission, and how is it separated? Thanks.

Tordne
January 18th, 2007, 02:53 PM
You have about 3 post covering the same thing :eek:

If the PCM is say an 02 style LS1 PCM then the engine and transmission are on the same controller and require one license.

I've just had a look at a 6.0 LQ9 Silverado tune I have and it is a shared controller. The OS I have for that is 12587811.

Boost
January 19th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Sorry. So since you mentioned in my other post that V2 switched to VIN licensing, that means I only need one license to tune his engine and transmission, correct? (I have V2). I basically need to know how much he owes me for the licences I will use up. I will try not to start threads with similar topics in the future.

TAQuickness
January 19th, 2007, 12:59 AM
A VIN license is $99. Each license is good for one vehicle.

joecar
January 19th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Sorry. So since you mentioned in my other post that V2 switched to VIN licensing, that means I only need one license to tune his engine and transmission, correct? (I have V2). I basically need to know how much he owes me for the licences I will use up. I will try not to start threads with similar topics in the future.Boost,

It's ok, we got everything cleared up in the other thread.
Tordne is saying to avoid duplicating posts in multiple threads
(it becomes hard to answer the same/similar question in multiple places).

Cheers
Joe
:cheers:

Boost
January 19th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Cool. I don't like when people litter forums with useless threads. (I am on the Duramax, Syclone and Rx-7 forums regularly). Therefore I will stop posting in this thread and try to sort things out in the other. Thanks.

Tordne
January 19th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I think you probably have a handle on it all now anyway :)