PDA

View Full Version : ECT Boost tables inop

killerbee
January 19th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I have tried to used B2216 and B2217 to bump boost at
lower ECT, for warmup. I can't get boost to raise using this method. I have used a multiplier of 2 and B2216 values of 4 psi, so this should command 8 psi additional to the B2206, desired boost levels table. The lowest vane position i note is 40-50%, so it seems the boost is
just not being commanded, since vane could go lower to produce it.

i have done this experiment several different ways, with different releases, and compared the results to IAT boost tables that do the same thing, and they (IAT tables) work fine, very good results using the same load/rpm ranges.

The ECT boost tables are DOA. :bawl:

Can anyone think of why? Ross has tried to help, but it stumps us both.

lakingslayer
January 29th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Maybe GM just doesn't use it in their code.

killerbee
January 29th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I assumed if it appeared in EFI live, they derived that it worked. I mean, the 25% of the ECM EFI chose to display, IOW the essential and operative pieces.

Why would a Flash have finite values if weren't used by GM? GM derived thosed numbers in the table.

It appears again in the LBZ.

Admittedly, I know not why it is inop. But I am confident it was intended to work. The CAC frys the Radiator in extended high boost runs. This is one of the only ways to deal with it.

killerbee
February 17th, 2007, 12:24 PM
After a considerable amount of tinkering and testing, involving a few new PID's, Ross was able to resolve this problem.

In the next release, support for these tables should be available. This will be a real benefit for 2 main reasons. Low rpm artificial load for quicker warm-ups, and more importantly, ECT correlated boost reduction during cooling system excursions. This will finally allow the user to use a high power tun for towing that has augmented boost when the ECT is normal, yet reduce overboost related overheating that originates with turbo compression.

More data on this HERE. (http://members.cox.net/beekiller/GMC%20Light%20Duty/THERMAL%20FEEDBACK%20LOOPS%20IN%20TURBOCHARGER%20A PPLICATIONS.doc)

Thank You EFILive.