PDA

View Full Version : External Input Signal Noise?

dc_justin
January 19th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Has anybody noticed an increase in the "noise" of the signal on the V2 vs the V1? I only bring this up because after spending a good hour last night calibrating the V2 inputs (based on voltages verified with a voltimeter), the signal from my lc-1 with the V2 seems to be quite a bit dirtier than the signal from the V1. V1 scan was taken 4 days before the V2 scan.

I plan to rip apart my LC1 harness and recheck all connection points and grants, but wanted to throw this out and see if there is something blatantly wrong that I am doing.

BTW, AFR seems very close, if not spot on, as I mapped Bank 1's LC1 AFR to Bank 2's NBO2, and the switch point from rich/lean occurs right at 14.9:1 AFR. Bank 1's trims have always been 1-2% greater than Bank 2...

http://www.marketitright.com/ss/tuning/V1-V2.gif

I can live with this for now, it just means I need MANY more samples at a given load point in order to be certain it's accurate.

Thanks,
Justin
:cheers:

joecar
January 19th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Did you set your LC-1 to 1/3 or 1/6 averaging mode...?

dc_justin
January 19th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Tried with three different computers, but I've never been able to connect to the LC1.

That's never been a problem though with the LC1. It's seen over 150 hours of use, always looking smooth as it does in the V1 log... V2 is different.

I've heard from Marcin that changing the averaging mode to 1/6 can help, but it doesn't make sense that there is a difference between V1 and V2...

joecar
January 19th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Hmmm... curious... I wonder if RF interfence is being picked up from somewhere...?

dc_justin
January 19th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Hmmm... curious... I wonder if RF interfence is being picked up from somewhere...?

:nixweiss: