PDA

View Full Version : Stand alone flashing V2

Bruce Melton
January 20th, 2007, 05:48 AM
How are we looking on this development? I am trying to tune a startup 150 miles away and it would be wonderful.

91LS1S10
January 22nd, 2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah, something in my laptop went wrong now my v1 and v2 usb drivers can't get loaded. Will need to get it soon.

Biggsy
January 22nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the (soon to happen) stand alone flash/read function of V2 just allow you to flash/read?

The point I think I'm trying to make (long day at work, brain gone stupid:Eyecrazy: ) is that you will still need laptop to modify tune and therefore need usb to work?!?

Dave.

Blacky
January 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Correct, except for...

If you have an SD card reader on your PC, you could copy the tune files to the SD card and then flash the tunes from there - no USB required.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
How are we looking on this development? I am trying to tune a startup 150 miles away and it would be wonderful.

Black box logging is just about done*, it will be followed by standalone reading, then reflashing capabilities.

* "Just about" means I hope to have updated firmware available for V2 around mid-February, or sooner.

Regards
Paul

Tordne
January 22nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
:notacrook:

ringram
January 22nd, 2007, 10:01 PM
COOL! Is it febuary yet :)

Biggsy
January 22nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Correct, except for...

If you have an SD card reader on your PC, you could copy the tune files to the SD card and then flash the tunes from there - no USB required.

Ahaa, smart cookie, didn't think of that!:master:

Dave.

Bruce Melton
January 23rd, 2007, 12:18 AM
Black box logging is just about done*, it will be followed by standalone reading, then reflashing capabilities.

* "Just about" means I hope to have updated firmware available for V2 around mid-February, or sooner.

Regards
Paul

Please, Please-

ScarabEpic22
January 23rd, 2007, 12:53 PM
Awesome!!! Cant wait!

So, once the V2 firmware for standalone logging/reading/tuning is done then AutoCal will become a reality? I really like the idea behind it, but I dont see any more info about it except for that pic on the homepage?

Tordne
January 23rd, 2007, 01:31 PM
A lot of the functionality for the logging/scanning/tuning side are similar for V2 and AutoCal so you'll see that coming close to one another.

AutoCal is going to be awesome. A totally new go to market for tuning shops etc. A real customer/business value add IMO.

Cougar281
January 23rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
On the subject of standalone functions, once standalone scanning becomes available, will it be possible to create and save custom PID sets on the V2? For example, will it be possible for me to have a "Balance Rates" PID Set, so if I want to look at them, just select that PID and up they come on my display?

Tordne
January 23rd, 2007, 04:19 PM
I recall seeing PID lists provisioned in one of the menu screens.

Big Kahuna
January 23rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
COOL! Is it febuary yet :)
Tis here in Aus. :D.

We're always in front of you other blokes. (cept the ugg boot wearning bro's.)

:notacrook:

Extinct
January 24th, 2007, 04:45 PM
What is AutoCal ?

Tordne
January 24th, 2007, 05:09 PM
AutoCal is a device which is intended to be used by workshops etc to send out tunes to customers which they will flash into their vehicles. Kind of like a advanced mail order tune system. The customer will be able to read their current tune, flash tunes from AutoCal and even perform scanning so that tunes can be refined etc.

Very Cool!!

ScarabEpic22
January 24th, 2007, 05:27 PM
No kidding, AutoCal will be awesome when its released! Ive never heard of any other company offering such a device that uses custom tunes uploaded by a tuner. Handheld programmers are similar, but they have a basic tune that is for all models, not customized to your truck (shift settings, TM removal, VE tables, etc).

Extinct
January 25th, 2007, 02:37 PM
So I assume Autocal will be a lower cost option ?

Tordne
January 25th, 2007, 02:44 PM
AutoCal will be lower cost than V2, but also different purpose. It is not intended to replace or add another option to the FlashScan V2.