PDA

View Full Version : Car dies from load when put in gear and nothing is working...

Loudmouth LS1
January 21st, 2007, 06:27 PM
Basically, if I set the tb set screw to make everything ideal at idle, it will idle awesome in park/neutral, but as soon as I put it in gear, it dies, but if I give a quick blip of the throttle as I put it in gear, it will be fine and idle fine. As soon as the load hits when it goes into gear, the iac steps jump up, but it's not enough or not quick enough to keep it goin. Now here's the problem, how the hell do I fix this, cuz the computer does not know when the car is going in gear to compensate with extra air since i'm running a turbo 400 in the car. If I open up the throttle blade to where it doesn't die when put in gear, it starts surging really badly in park/neutral when the load is gone cuz it has too much air and the iac counts are at zero, so it can't close anymore to stop some airflow to kill the surging. Also (i'm assuming b/c of the big cam) I have very little vacuum at idle (the map kpa is really high, between 75 and 80), and have no vacuum leaks, and i'm sure the shitty vacuum isn't helping the situation either.

So are there any guys on here that have a t400 in the car with a radical setup that got it working, cuz it wasn't so bad with the stock intake (would surge in park/neutral, but only like up 100 rpm, then back down and so on, so it wasn't really noticeable), but as soon as I put the 90mm on, it made a little problem a really big and annoying problem (now it idles up to 1200 and swings up to like 2000, back down to 1200, back up, and so on)!!!

Turbogixxer
January 22nd, 2007, 01:45 PM
You try idling it a bit higher or richer? Try advancing the timing in that section

Loudmouth LS1
January 22nd, 2007, 02:30 PM
You try idling it a bit higher or richer? Try advancing the timing in that section

My car doesn't like idling richer, it fouls the plugs. I haven't tried upping the rpm yet, but I noticed today when I went to pull the car off the trailer that when I started it cold (set to 1250 idle), it didn't even give a hint of trying to die when put in gear, just dropped 50 - 100 rpm and idled awesome, so I think i'm gonna try bumping it up from 1050 when warm to 1150 when warm and see what happens.