PDA

View Full Version : AEM Gauge type 6 in 1 WB UEGO controller

JET LEE
January 22nd, 2007, 03:54 AM
Hi...I'm new to EFIlive, nice forum, I have learned a lot.

I bought an AEM Gauge type 6 in 1 WB UEGO controller a while back before buying EFIlive. I haven't really found any info on it on this forum, maybe i'm not looking in the right place.

It has 0-5Volt output and I did graph A/F vs. Voltage and got an equation of y=2x+10. Has anyone ever used this controller, if so were there any issues associated with it?

I have not had a chance to play with it, I'm waiting for my headers to get back from being ceramic coated. I do plan to install the WB in my X-pipe.

Thanks.

JET LEE
January 24th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Anyone?....

I will install it this weekend...just trying to do a little homework before hand.

I'll try to follow the LC-1 tutorial, any suggestions?

NewV
January 24th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Bump ... Sorry I did consider this unit as it does seem to be a good one for a decent price. In the end I went with the PLX SM-AFR. I think you'll need to create your own calc pid or just edit one of the existing ones.

JET LEE
January 24th, 2007, 05:49 AM
NewV...advice much appreciated, will try that.

If I had done my research before hand, probably would have opted for the PLX or LC-1, since they seem to be the popular ones with the EFIlive users.

The AEM 6 in 1 gauge is aesthetically pleasing and it does look good in my gauge pad, hopefully the system will work. On the back of the guage/controller there is a dial for a few different settings, default is 0-5 volts for the A/F spectrum. It also outputs for Autronic which uses less voltage range for the same A/F spectrum. There are also settings for a couple other outputs.

Does PLX and LC-1 use the full 0-5 volts for the A/F spectrum? My first intution is to use the default setting.

Thanks.

joecar
January 24th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Jet Lee,

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

0-5V is what AFR range...? If you can program it, set it to a useful range (e.g. 10-18 AFR).

Once we know the AFR range that 0-5V represents, we can make you a calc pid.

Joe

JET LEE
January 24th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Thanks Joecar...
I will have to double check the A/F range later when I get home.

I did graph A/F vs. Voltage from the data provided in the instruction manual and got y=2x+10. I remember that equation, because I thought to myself, wow...that's a simple and clean equation.

joecar
January 24th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Ok, y=2x+10 maps 0-5V to 10-20AFR, which is good, can leave it as is; there might be a pid for 10-20AFR already, I'll have a look.

JET LEE
January 24th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks joecar....
Made it home, looking over my installation instructions... I stand corrected...It actually outputs 0-4.250 volts for an A/F range of 10-18.5. This is still y=2x+10.

I confused the calibration table for the sensor for the output, which is actually the same y=2x+10 but spans over 0-4.99 volts 10-19.98 A/F. Just wanted to be clear.

Will try to create my own calc pid.

JET LEE
January 25th, 2007, 07:12 AM
According to pg 108 (110 of 195 total doc) of EFILiveV73scan.pdf, PLX uses AFR=2*V+10, which is the same as what I got with the AEM system.

I am having trouble finding the pid files, I would like to open one up and look at the guts of it. Where can I find these files?

Thanks...

joecar
January 25th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Jet,

Yes, y=2x+10 does work with (0.00V,10AFR)..(4.25V,18.5AFR).

The predefined pids are in sae_generic.txt located under Program Files\EFIive\V7\configuration (off the top of my head)...
but do not edit this file.

Create your own by editing calc_pids.txt located under My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration.

See this: showthread.php?t=132 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=132)

JET LEE
January 25th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Thanks joecar.....

I'm set up now!