PDA

View Full Version : Duramax timming

Rambo
January 22nd, 2007, 04:56 AM
:help2: Can anyone tell me which way to go with my timming and how much can i go but still be safe:confused:

ziadmax
January 22nd, 2007, 12:40 PM
Adding a little bit of timing will get you better fuel economy and a little more power generally. It really will if you've opened up the pulse widths.

You don't want to exceed 40* total timing. That's main + pilot.

Rambo
January 22nd, 2007, 02:37 PM
thanks, im new to this but having a blast!!!

ziadmax
January 22nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, it's fun aint it.

If you haven't been over to the Diesel Place, they have a repository of different tunes that can really help you learn the tuning basics.

lakingslayer
January 29th, 2007, 09:20 AM
:exactly:For a mileage tune there is a lot of info at the dieselplace. One of the members there did a lot of testing and is posted good info on it.

DURAtotheMAX
February 6th, 2007, 04:00 AM
You don't want to exceed 40* total timing. That's main + pilot.

how did you come up with that number? Im just curious...ive always used 47* max, but who knows...

ziadmax
February 6th, 2007, 05:09 AM
how did you come up with that number? Im just curious...ive always used 47* max, but who knows...

I kept seeing it in the timing discussions on the Diesel Place. Recently though I've been seeing 50* as the do not exceed number.

I guess I'm just repeating what I've read. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Never been on a dyno either. Timing is one of the more mysterious aspects of tuning, outside of the Torque Limiting tables.

DURAtotheMAX
February 6th, 2007, 11:17 AM
outside of the Torque Limiting tables.

especially on LLY's ;)

sweetdiesel
April 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Rambo
there is a table that will pull main injection timing b0921 on a lly
you will want to increase this i dont go above 40* in this table
pilot inj timing is not affected by this table
so you might want to lower your pilot timing at the higher RPM areas if you are going to add to the main

it does make a huge difference adding timing even on a stock fueled truck
and even more on a heavy fueled truck