PDA

View Full Version : pe and rpm

69camaro5speed
January 22nd, 2007, 11:31 PM
looking to turn the 3618 over to afr i went under edit,properties,then commanded fuel values and put display in afr but doesnt show up in afr just equal values.i am guessing that one of 3 things happing 1 i am doing some thing wrong 2 its not able to do it in the vortec ecm or 3 its you guys havent got that far with the software. just checking to see if its me i can do the math or just get used to equal numbers if need be i know you guys are busy not a big deal just figured i was messing up some where thanks

joecar
January 23rd, 2007, 04:38 AM
After you change fuel units to AFR, you have to quit the tune tool and restart it.

69camaro5speed
January 23rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
joe i did that still didnt work do you have a vortec file to try it with maybe i am doing it wrong. i do it n all my ls1 stuff works like you said not sure what i am missing

joecar
January 23rd, 2007, 02:24 PM
I don't have a vortec file handy... I'll try one from www.holdencrazy.com later tonite.

69camaro5speed
January 23rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
send me a e-mail joe i will send you on at camaro5speedefi@yahoo.com

joecar
January 25th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Rich,

I tried your file and I can open it both ways (EQ and AFR)... so I don't know what is wrong;

If it doesn't work still after exiting the tune tool and restarting it, you may want to try re-installing the software and see if that helps.

Joe

Tordne
January 25th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Just tested this myself with a Vortec (LU3) file and works fine. Perhaps a reinstall is in order. If you do, also delete the 'HKEY_LOCAL_USER\Software\EFILive' tree as well.

kbracing96
January 26th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I'm having this same problem also. I just installed the latest, greatest version of the software (build 555), I just upgraded the other day so I could mess with some LBZ stuff, but I can't get B3618 to display in afr. (says it set to afr in property's and yes, closed and reopened)

Also, this tune and the hypertec tune from this truck downloaded without the vin, is there a reason for that?

GMPX
January 27th, 2007, 12:53 AM
I know the first Vortec release did not have the option to view in AFR, that was fixed so it should certainly be working in a current beta version.

The VIN is not currently being displayed is not a bug as such, we just need to implement a method in the software to overcome some inconsistencies in the Vortec. The VIN is stored in two places in the Vortec, I have seen on one PCM where the VIN's were different :nixweiss: . They also move it's location depending on the O.S :bash:

Cheers,
Ross