PDA

View Full Version : licence and scan tool

VYSSLS1
January 23rd, 2007, 04:20 AM
hey guys i finally had time to sit down and have a little play with the road runner.

this is what ive done, fitted road runner to car, licenced road runner, tryed
to update drivers but couldnt find ftd2xx i had nothing even close, so i went on and changed com port. still nothing, it says it was unlicenced, now...

so i went back to licence and went over my number 2 licence, and it worked, however i did write down what was there before incase i have to go back to it.

and walah, im communicating, basically can read, program, do what i want, have disables security. can change tune etc. mind u this car isnt ready to run yet.

so i thought id start scan tool to see, scan tool starts and connects, go to dashboard, and i cant see any data, but the record light wont show up.

What have i done guys, is it because i didnt update drivers, or because i went over my licence.

I was going to try the scan and tune back with the original pcm, but ran out of time.

Any ideas?

Tordne
January 23rd, 2007, 06:33 AM
Your scan data is still derived from your FlashScan interface, not direct from the RoadRunner. Not sure if it is as simple as that?

VYSSLS1
January 23rd, 2007, 01:00 PM
yeah i was running the v2 interface,

ill send through a list of the usb controllers ive got in the laptop, and maybe someone, can workout whats for what to update it.

Tordne
January 23rd, 2007, 01:01 PM
So the V2 doesn't work anymore?

VYSSLS1
January 23rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
was going to try it with the original computer back in the car.

with the road runner connected, i cant even read fault codes, to check if there is any there.

Blacky
January 23rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
After you have connected (or attempted to connect) from the laptop to FlashScan, select the menu option File->Generate user error report. Save the report and email it to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

VYSSLS1
January 23rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
ok blacky will do.

i did try today refitting the original comp back in the car, and yes the v2 still works fine, as soon as i fit the road runner with the same calibration, and data, as the original pcm, i cant use the scan tool, even without the road runner usb connected.

my understanding from this is there is nothing wrong with my licence or my drivers, i think theres something wrong with the road runner.

Blacky
January 24th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Even though the engine is not ready to run, when you turn on the ignition does the fuel pump prime? If not, then there is almost certainly a fault with the PCM.

Regards
Paul

VYSSLS1
January 24th, 2007, 01:24 AM
ive sent through the error report.

ok i had the ignition on with the road runner, mind u this car hasnt been running for a while, eg weeks.

and the fans turn on, and does weird things.

ill try the fuel pump, as the lines are disconnected.

hang 5

yep it does turn the fuel pump on with ignition on.

it seems to be only scan tool related, only with road runner in vehicle.

Tordne
January 24th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Just sent you a PM

VYSSLS1
January 24th, 2007, 03:32 PM
got this back from blacky, just before.

Re: road runner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, but the news is not good. (Sorry, I meant to reply last night but time got away).

The RR PCM never responded to any requests from FlashScan. I think the RR PCM is dead. You should probably contact Moates (or whoever you purchased the RR PCM from) to have it repaired.

Regards
Paul

has anyone got one of these available road runners, as ive got 2 forced induction tunes to do, and 3 cammed tunes this week coming.

Tordne
January 24th, 2007, 03:37 PM
The RoadRunner PCM will not respond to FlashScan unless it has the flash chip in it. It connects via its dedicated USB (or optional Bluetooth) connection.

I can't read, flash using my FlashScan V2. It is done through the Tune Tool still, but direct to the RoadRunner ;)

VYSSLS1
January 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
i can communicate with tune tool, download tune etc etc......all into the road runner and yes its fast too.

as i dont even know if this road runner pcm will even start and run the car.

the flashscan should be able to do fault codes, data, etc.....i cant even connect flashscan with the road runner, yes its through the obd connector.

as soon as i fit the original pcm back in, there is no drama......so this tells me that the road runner wont give feedback to the flashscan.

so i generated a error report for paul and the message above is what paul replyed back to.

VYSSLS1
January 24th, 2007, 03:46 PM
The RoadRunner PCM will not respond to FlashScan unless it has the flash chip in it. It connects via its dedicated USB (or optional Bluetooth) connection.

I can't read, flash using my FlashScan V2. It is done through the Tune Tool still, but direct to the RoadRunner ;)

yeah i also tryed that as well, reading, it wont allow at all.

but it still should do active data, fault logging, fault codes etc....

VYSSLS1
January 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM
ive also sent moates a message as well.

Tordne
January 24th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I've added you to MSN if you wanted to have a quick chat about it at some point ...

limited cv8r
January 24th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I had similar happen to me. Make sure RR is set to emulation not flash, you may have to disable Vats, set it to none instead of class 2. There is a previous post regarding this.

Tordne
January 24th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I talked to YYSSLS1 for a bit today and the RoadRunner side (USB) seems totally fine. Can read/flash RR PCM no problem. It is the FlashScan V2 side that is a problem.

If he can manage to get a connection to the car it freaks out shortly after - the fans go nuts etc. Then it might not reconnect again. Stock PCM is all good. I believe he is calling Craig tomorrow.

EDIT: We also tried with the laptop ac adapter disconnected, and after letting the RR sit totally disconnected for an hour in case it had some residual charge.

VYSSLS1
January 25th, 2007, 02:48 AM
yeah spend a bit of time explaining to craig on the phone call.

we will be trying a few more tests, with him on the phone in the states.

will keep u posted as to what the problem is, its very unusal.:Eyecrazy:

Tordne
January 25th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Let me know how it goes, I'm real interested to know what is up with it!

VYSSLS1
January 26th, 2007, 02:57 PM
ok guys got a car to try it on, i fitted a spare pcm which i had lying around, flashed tune into vehicle and checked no worries starts and runs drives perfect. so i transfered the tune to the road runner, went to start no start at all, fans turn on, fuel pump gets only a quick operation. and scan tool still wont connect. sounds like definately faulty pcm.

will ring moates this afternoon, to see what he has to say

VYSSLS1
January 26th, 2007, 11:02 PM
alright guys, an update.

after spending time on the phone with craig moates, i must say, hes backs up his product very well with his great support, professionalism, and even taking time, to diagnose the problem, at 11.30pm in america.......well done craig.:cheers:

ok.....so the diagnosis, between craig and myself, with all the tests, etc.....there is nothing wrong with the road runner from craig, it indicates a faulty pcm.....and after all this ive been through, yes i will support the road runner as a great product...

his great support even leads, to sending a new road runner out, express from america...and no doubt the ongoing support.

Cheers Brad

will keep us posted when the new one arrives.

oztracktuning
January 27th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Thats good Brad. Im just back home now - so good to see it was all sorted out. I get the try my RR out again tommorrow.

TAQuickness
January 28th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Craig's a stand up guy. Glad he got you sorted :cheers:

VYSSLS1
February 1st, 2007, 04:33 PM
ok guys a update on whats going on, the new road runner arrived today in the morning, since then, ive got a new licence number, fitted to vehicle, and..................

this thing is awesome the ease, the product is brilliant, no bad points, i cant fault it........this is what ive been used to when tuning haltech, etc.........

Once again Craig, ur a pleasure to deal with, taking the time to sort this out, express posting from the states....etc..I cant recomend u high enough...

for all those out there without it, invest the money, this thing is awesome, its how tuning should be. (this is what im used to thou), once u have it u will wonder how u did without it for so long.

Id say to now tune a highly modified car, it would be approx 1/3rd to half the stuffing around, and so much more precise.

Id like to thank, Craig, Blacky, Tordne and Oztrak for there support. And not forget GMPX, and Donna for the licencing....u guys are brilliant.:notacrook:

Tordne
February 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM
Great news!!!

TAQuickness
February 1st, 2007, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear you got it sorted.