PDA

View Full Version : Auto update request!!!!

Redline Motorsports
January 23rd, 2007, 05:29 PM
Today I had a situation where an upgrade to V2 existed and I didn't know it was there. It was quite frustrating when it was on the site and I didn't know to "search" for it!

Is there anyway that a system can be implimented in which e-mails can be automatically sent when an update is released??

At the very least, workshop versions should be able to do this but it should really be global for all users.

With the every changing updates and firmwire changes, I don't want to be behind with my software and have the issue I had today.

Do we have any options??:master:

Thanks

Howard

TAQuickness
January 23rd, 2007, 11:16 PM
good idea Howard.

Blacky
January 24th, 2007, 01:07 AM
A subscription service, where you can register (free) to receive update notifications will be available as soon as we can implement it.

Regards
Paul

Dirk Diggler
January 24th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Yeah that or something that checks the latest version on the server and notifies the user an update is available

mnotx
January 24th, 2007, 02:57 AM
A subscription service, where you can register (free) to receive update notifications will be available as soon as we can implement it.

Regards
Paul

Cool!

Redline Motorsports
January 24th, 2007, 03:07 AM

Regards
Paul

Paul,

Can you be more vague! LOL!!!!:bash:

We know you guys have been busting your ass's this year with all the new stuff. I just think that a function like this will save a lot of BS posts and "issues" that can be resolved by having current software.

Please keep us posted as its a must have feature!

Thanks

Howard

Blacky
January 24th, 2007, 10:23 AM
One other thing that is being implemented is that the PC software will check the firmware in FlashScan (and Autocal) and will prompt the user to update the firmware if a newer version of firmware is available.

Regards
Paul

I have to be vague, if I give a date you all hold me to it :bawl:

Happy Jim
January 24th, 2007, 10:44 AM
How about having an "updates" thread that is locked (so only you can post to it), we all subscribe to the post to receive notifications, next time you release an update you just add a post to the thread ? (we all get notified)

Quick and easy as an interim?

Just a thought

Rgds

Jim

Tordne
January 24th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Good thought. Also considering a News Letter subscription type thing also.

Redline Motorsports
January 24th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I personally don't want to go looking for the updates. Not lazy but busy!

Getting an E-mail would be the best!

my .02

Paul, you know how us natives get!:rockon:

Howard

Tordne
January 24th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Have created THIS THREAD (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4442) so that you can subscribe and be notified as soon as software updates are made available.

Great suggestion Happy Jim :cheers:

TAQuickness
January 24th, 2007, 04:20 PM
COOL! now if you can just get the latest software link in there we'll be set :D

ScarabEpic22
January 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Awesome ideas guys!!

P.S. Tordne, it wont let me subscribe to that thread you created as it says its closed...

redhardsupra
January 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM
you mean like a listserv?

Happy Jim
January 25th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Wahay,

Subscribed :master:

Cool

Jim