PDA

View Full Version : How and what to log for rough tune?

Boost
January 23rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Guys I am saving up money for a wideband 02 sensor. Until then I've done some tinkering with my buddies '04 6.0 liter 2500HD. Of course the first thing we will look at after re-writing the PCM with my guesswork is if the truck drives normal and smooth. Assuming there are no hickups, what should I monitor, and how do I set up the Flashscan / Scan tool so that I can monitor this data while he's driving? (hehe, I hope I didn't "tune" his tranny too much).
Thanks.

TAQuickness
January 23rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
For basics, you can log the PID's described in the AutoVE tutorial. You might want to wait until you get a WB before you make too many changes.

NewV
January 24th, 2007, 02:28 AM
I tinkered with my timing, throttle cracker and throttle follower while waiting for my WB. It made some noticable differences. You might check the differences between say a stock Vette 6.0 liter and your buddies and tweak from there.

Chevy366
January 24th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Guys I am saving up money for a wideband 02 sensor. Until then I've done some tinkering with my buddies '04 6.0 liter 2500HD. Of course the first thing we will look at after re-writing the PCM with my guesswork is if the truck drives normal and smooth. Assuming there are no hickups, what should I monitor, and how do I set up the Flashscan / Scan tool so that I can monitor this data while he's driving? (hehe, I hope I didn't "tune" his tranny too much).
Thanks.
Those 4l80E's are tough , I did a TransGo kit in mine and tuned for it , shifts just like I like it , firm and fast at WOT and not so firm at PT with out slush shift .

Boost
January 26th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Success! I built a custom tune for the LQ4 from scratch, and you can actually feel the performance improvement. It runs and shifts smooth, and now smokes the massive aftermarket tires.
However, I was unable to LOG anything. I think the Flashscan is capable of logging 20 minutes of driving without the laptop. When I tried it just said: "This screen is reserved for recording". How do I do it?
Also, I was unable to get the gauges to work on the dashboard in the Scan Tool, even after I clicked "Connect". What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
I love EFILive!!!

Biggsy
January 26th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I think the Flashscan is capable of logging 20 minutes of driving without the laptop.

V1 Flashscan

When I tried it just said: "This screen is reserved for recording". How do I do it?

V2 is capable of much longer standalone logging time (depends on size of memory card added) Unfortunately this function isn't available on V2 (yet, coming REAL soon:rockon: ) hence this is why you see the "reserved" message on the v2 screen

see the following post http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4402

Boost
January 27th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.

Biggsy
January 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM
No Problem:)