PDA

View Full Version : B3605

johnsZ06
January 24th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Commanded fuel in Open Loop.

Does this table refer to "cold" OL or "WOT" OL or both?

I did a search and I'm a little confused by what I read here and description of B3605 in the tuning software.

SSpdDmon
January 24th, 2007, 04:46 AM
This is the primary table for all open loop fueling cold or warm. There are auxilary tables that act as adders/subtractors or multipliers that refer back to this table. PE is essentially one of the multiplier tables. While in closed loop, the PCM tries to maintain a stoich AFR until PE, a form of open-loop fueling, kicks in. When in PE, the vehicle will take the richer AFR commanded between PE and the open loop table.

johnsZ06
January 24th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I've been doing some reading and I was trying to figure out "exactly" what influence this table has on WOT fueling adjustments. Since the table never goes richer than 13:1 or so at normal operating temps (temps I would consider safe for WOT blasts) it shouldn't be a factor, or so I would assume. With this being the case, I should be able to safely determine my WOT adjustments using B3618. I hope this is correct.

I guess what threw me off was in the EFILive tuning tool, it specificaly states "When the engine is in cold open loop mode, this is the commanded fuel."

joecar
January 24th, 2007, 05:30 AM
...I've been doing some reading and I was trying to figure out "exactly" what influence this table has on WOT fueling adjustments. Since the table never goes richer than 13:1 or so at normal operating temps (temps I would consider safe for WOT blasts) it shouldn't be a factor, or so I would assume. With this being the case, I should be able to safely determine my WOT adjustments using B3618. I hope this is correct....John,

In OL (which WOT is):
if B3616 and B3613 have enabled PE, then the richer of B3605 and B3618 determines the AFR (as said by SSpdDmon);
otherwise if PE is not enabled then B3605 is it.

If B3618 wins, it is modified by B3617 and B3641, and is delayed by B3608 and B3609;
B3608 is controlled by B3610-B3612;
B3618 is ramped by B3643-B3645;

hmmm... a flowchart/dataflow diagram would help... ;)

Paul will have to fix the description ("cold") for B3605.

Cheers
Joe

johnsZ06
January 24th, 2007, 06:22 AM
hmmm... a flowchart/dataflow diagram would help... Good idea!

So basically, ones temperature derived and one is RPM derived and the richer of the two wins.

I know I've read that on here before, I just have to keep repeating it to myself 100 times until it sinks in.:bash: