PDA

View Full Version : a little help with idle and flat spot

woody69
January 24th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I have a lq9 with a ls6 intake and a tr224 cam with a 3000 stall. It will not idle unless you rev it up and slowly take the rpm down a few times and then will idle but when you cut it off and start it again it will not idle again. It also has a bad flat spot in it if you don't rev slowly. The tune I have is one from Jessie when I had a lq4 with the same setup except for the stall. Where do I need to start to get this thing to run right. Thanks Woody

SSpdDmon
January 24th, 2007, 09:22 AM
You need to monitor your idle trims (RAFIG and RAFPN) and make adjustments to your Desired Idle Airflow table. Positive trims are added to the values in the table. Negative trims are subtracted from the values in the table.

As for flat spots, can you elaborate? Sometimes it's just a matter of timing.

woody69
January 24th, 2007, 09:25 AM
When at idle and you go to about half throttle it just stumbles and takes a few seconds to catch up. Kind of like it is missing.

woody69
January 24th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I can't find the RAFIG and RAFPN pids. Sorry I'm a newbee.

Happy Jim
January 24th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Go to the pid selection tab, in the system drop down box select "Idle", towards the bottom of the list you will find RAFIG & RAFPN (full description starts "Idle Airflow Correction AC Off, ...")

Rgds

Jim

dc_justin
January 24th, 2007, 10:30 AM
I can't find the RAFIG and RAFPN pids. Sorry I'm a newbee.

Which OS are you using? There are a couple of OS's that do not have the those Idle DMA PIDs available to log.

woody69
January 24th, 2007, 11:15 AM
os12208322