PDA

View Full Version : SAE.TP (Absolute Throttle Position) not reaching 100%

jsttry
May 1st, 2005, 03:44 AM
I notice no matter how far I push the peddle I can't seem to get over 93.7% for the SAE.TP PID. The same seems to apply for the default supercharged Monaro data logs that come with EFILive (didn't go past 90%).

What should I look for to get my throttle position to read 100% instead of 93.7%?

GMPX
May 1st, 2005, 11:41 PM
What is the TPS 'voltage' reading at full throttle?.

jsttry
May 2nd, 2005, 12:14 AM
Not sure, will take a look tomorrow.

joecar
May 2nd, 2005, 12:18 PM
Also check for mechanical obstruction.

dbaxter_ss
May 2nd, 2005, 03:02 PM

Yup, what he said.

Mine was only able to go 93% until I did the bump stop mod. www.installuniversity.com, lsx and install docs/ bump stop mod

GMPX
May 2nd, 2005, 03:06 PM
The same seems to apply for the default supercharged Monaro data logs that come with EFILive (didn't go past 90%).

Guess what, that car had an issue with the throttle cable, it was only getting to 90% at the blade it was discovered :oops:

Once you tell us the voltage the TPS is reading that will give a pretty good indication of just how far it is opening.....also, what the TPS voltage is when the throttle is shut.

Cheers,
Ross

jsttry
May 2nd, 2005, 10:31 PM
Bugger, setup BB logging and went for a drive today (no laptop available) but it didn't record any logs. Had set it to validate pids instead of log new data. Will do it in the morning on the way to work.

jsttry
May 4th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Went for a drive and this is what I got.
Max 93.7% TP @ 4.1V
Min 0% TP @ 0.7V
SAE.TP and GM.TP PIDs show similar results, 93.7 and 94.1%

Is this something that can be modified in the PCM or is it more likely to be a problem with the throttle cable or similar?

http://www.mrjj.net/hosted/pics/tps.gif

Dirk Diggler
May 4th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Looks like the cable. 4.6 v is WOT IIRC.

jsttry
May 7th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Looks like the cable. 4.6 v is WOT IIRC.

If it is the cable should I be looking at trying to tighten it somehow? I assume (unless it is the bump stop) that the throttle cable isn't pulling the throttle open far enough.

dbaxter_ss
May 8th, 2005, 11:12 PM
If its the cable, start the logging. Open you enging and just open the throttle wide open yourself. You will be bypassing the cable completely and be able to see right away if its the cable or not.

jsttry
May 9th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Stuck my head under the bonnet (scarey place for a computer geek) and found the cable was a bit loose. Tighted it up and am now reading 100%.

I blame my dodgy tuner who was last playing with my throttle screw ;) (just kidding)