PDA

View Full Version : Need help with cammed LS2 (getting codes)

black346
January 26th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Hey guys, got a new guy here that needs a little help. :D I'm pretty new to EFI live, but things are slowly making sense to me. I've got an '04 CTS-V with heads, cam, and Kooks that I've had some good practice tuning on, but I need some help with an LS2.

This is a friend of mine's '06 GTO that we just put a cam in (230/234 .595"/.598" on a 111 LSA). We haven't had a chance to auto tune the VE yet. All I've done is raise the idle and bump the timing to get us a good idle. We're getting a P0068 MAP/MAF throttle position correlation code and a P0106 MAP performance code. He also said it went into a reduced power mode. I've checked and rechecked for vacuum leaks and found none. We didn't even touch the intake manifold, so I really don't think there are any leaks. I'm guessing the loss of vacuum is tripping this MAP performance code. I guess these ETC checks are more sensitive than the LS6 stuff. I've never gotten any of these codes on my car and I've pretty much got the same cam.

Can someone lead me in the right direction here? I'm guessing I just need to adjust some of the diagnostic parameters to make this thing happy?

Anyone have any LS2 cam only files they could share?

ringram
February 1st, 2007, 02:11 AM
Check the DTC tables like Engine Diagnostics/ MAP and MAF tables as well as the ETC one under the same Diag branch.
You probably need to mess with some of the value a bit so as not to trip the codes.

nqcv8
October 30th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Hey guys, got a new guy here that needs a little help. :D I'm pretty new to EFI live, but things are slowly making sense to me. I've got an '04 CTS-V with heads, cam, and Kooks that I've had some good practice tuning on, but I need some help with an LS2.

This is a friend of mine's '06 GTO that we just put a cam in (230/234 .595"/.598" on a 111 LSA). We haven't had a chance to auto tune the VE yet. All I've done is raise the idle and bump the timing to get us a good idle. We're getting a P0068 MAP/MAF throttle position correlation code and a P0106 MAP performance code. He also said it went into a reduced power mode. I've checked and rechecked for vacuum leaks and found none. We didn't even touch the intake manifold, so I really don't think there are any leaks. I'm guessing the loss of vacuum is tripping this MAP performance code. I guess these ETC checks are more sensitive than the LS6 stuff. I've never gotten any of these codes on my car and I've pretty much got the same cam.

Can someone lead me in the right direction here? I'm guessing I just need to adjust some of the diagnostic parameters to make this thing happy?

Anyone have any LS2 cam only files they could share?

Black, did you have any luck with this problem? I think I have the same issue with a car but the car is remote and I cant get to it till later in the week.

Cheers

Sean

Bruce Melton
October 31st, 2007, 07:21 AM
What you describe is common in the LS1-6 world. You need to bump up the upper limit in the MAP - MAP so it won't throw a code. Are you E-40?

nqcv8
October 31st, 2007, 11:44 AM
What you describe is common in the LS1-6 world. You need to bump up the upper limit in the MAP - MAP so it won't throw a code. Are you E-40?

Thanks Bruce

Still a bit of a novice here, but having a good time learning :D
I take it you mean the C3003 and C3004 Tables?

btw Ls1 PCM with ETC

Cheers

Sean