PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble logging with V2 (connectivity)

black346
January 27th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Okay, haven't had any trouble with connecting until I tried to do some VE logging today. I'm getting an "Error code: ERR_ILINKLOST/34
Cannot communicate with interface via EFILive FlashScan V2". I played with it for a while and got it to start logging. I drove about 10 miles and it cut out again. I got home and I could get it to connect if I closed the scan tool program and reopened it and reconnected the cable, but it would lose communication shortly after I started the engine. You can actually look at the V2 display and see the screen glitching. USB mode will flash/glitch on and off in the background. Not sure what the deal is. Like I said, I haven't ever had this type of trouble until today. It flashes the computer just fine. It's just the scan tool I seem to be having trouble with. I've unplugged the wideband input and it had no effect.

Tordne
January 27th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Have you tried a different USB port on the computer, or perhaps a different USB cable (if you have one)?

Never seen that error actually come up before :eek:

black346
January 27th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Yeah, I did actually try a different USB port and I thought that had fixed it for a while, but the error came back. I'll look and see if I have another usb cable around somewhere.

black346
January 27th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Tried a new cable and still no luck. It worked again for a while, but went back to the same thing. This time I got a new error:

Error code: ERR_NOCNX/122
Not connected to vehicle, check ignition is switched on

I also was getting the old error code as well. The screen will continue to "glitch" when there is no connectivity.

I'm out of ideas.

Tordne
January 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM
So you are saying that the actual LCD screen on the FlashScan V2 interface appears to "glitch" while plugged into both the USB and OBDII connections?

That is really odd in itself. It will favor the OBDII for power as it is able to supply 12 volts...

When it "glitches" do you see just the device actually reset/reboot?

black346
January 27th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Yes, it "glitches" when both are connected. It will only do this after it has lost connection and it is trying to reconnect. It doesn't look like it has lost power when it does this. When I say glitching, I mean you can look at the display and it will try and display USB mode. It will flash very rapidly between saying USB mode to the normal display that you would expect to see with everything hooked up in an idle state. It never really loses power. When it is connected and working properly it will display USB mode.

Tordne
January 27th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I've justed emailed Blacky to see if he might has any additional suggestions.

black346
January 27th, 2007, 10:31 AM
I sure appreciate the speedy replies! Also, I saved the error reports, so if you need those let me know. They are just text files.

Tordne
January 27th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Good idea.. Send them to support at efilive dot com.

Cheers,

Blacky
January 27th, 2007, 10:51 AM
The "glitching" you are seeing is the PC software attempting to reconnect to FlashScan.

Basically, when the PCM software does not get a response from the vehicle, it will disconnect and immediately attempt to reconnect to FlashScan - just in case the cable has fallen out or the ignition has been rturned off and on again. Obviously if there is any fault in the data link at the OBDII end the dicsonnect/reconnect cycle will also be performed.

The "USB MODE" message on the LCD screen will flicker off and back on again as the PC software disconencts and reconnects in an attempt to reset the comms in FlashScan.

Sending the error reports will go a long way to determining where the original fault is.

Regards
Paul

black346
January 27th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the reply Blacky. I sent the error files. Let me know if you all don't receive them.

black346
January 27th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Update:

Well, hooked everything back up tonight and it worked just fine. I'm not sure if it was something I was doing or what. I guess for now I'll just assume it was something I was doing wrong. Thanks for the feedback guys.

johnv
January 31st, 2007, 06:00 PM
I'm having the same problem, scan tool will not connect unless engine is switch off:bash: before connecting, then starting, and will also disconnect as soon as I hook up laptop cigerete lighter power supply:help2:

never a problem with V1 !:nixweiss:

Tordne
January 31st, 2007, 06:11 PM
I assume you are running the latest firmware on your V2?

johnv
January 31st, 2007, 09:32 PM
Just reloaded latest software, drivers,and firmware. will see how it goes tomorrow.

mr.prick
February 2nd, 2007, 04:02 AM
try unplugging and replugging in the cable that
connects to the v2 and the vehicle.

johnv
February 22nd, 2007, 10:12 PM
Have loaded latest software ,firmware and drivers.
works fine now untill I connect my laptop incar charger ,then EFI looses connection and will not reconect unless V2 is unplugged and software shut down:bash:

Blacky
February 22nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
You may be short circuiting FlashScan with a ground offset issue with the in car charger. FlashScan has built in over voltage protection but it can only protect it so far. If the voltage levels are outside of the specifications, then you may damage the FlashScan unit.

Note: uplugging and replugging FlashScan resets the protection circuitry.

See the booklet (bottom of page 5) that came with FlashScan for input voltage specifications.

Also read the last paragraph on page 6 - it is very important.

Regards
Paul