PDA

View Full Version : Tuning file conversion question...........

FreddyG
January 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Hi Guys!

If I had some major mod work done to my car and the tuner used HP Tuner to tune it (as a newbie, I'm scared to screw something up), how would I be able to get into it to change something once I became more proficient at tuning?

Are there any programs that can convert HP Tuners files to be read in EfiLive?

Can I still scan using the scan tool if the tune was written with HP Tuners?

Thanks in advance!:cheers:

Tordne
January 27th, 2007, 05:11 PM
No programs to convert tune files. Both EFILive and HP Tuners store the data in proprietary formats.

If the tune is a stock/factory Operating System (not a HPT Custom OS) you will just be able to read it out of the PCM, assuming it isn't locked.

If it is a HPT Custom OS you are screwed and will have to start again.

I would assume scanning to be OK, but it may depend on the OS you actually have. Never tried scanning an HPT Custom OS for instance ;)

FreddyG
January 27th, 2007, 05:47 PM
No programs to convert tune files. Both EFILive and HP Tuners store the data in proprietary formats.

If the tune is a stock/factory Operating System (not a HPT Custom OS) you will just be able to read it out of the PCM, assuming it isn't locked.

If it is a HPT Custom OS you are screwed and will have to start again.

I would assume scanning to be OK, but it may depend on the OS you actually have. Never tried scanning an HPT Custom OS for instance ;)

Thanks for the quick reply Tordne! I got it!:cheers:

jsttry
January 28th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Scanning of over 105kPA for MAP is different between HPT and EFILive. If its running a HPT Custom OS I found the standard efilive GM.MAP PID will not read boost pressure.