PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger tune questions..............

FreddyG
January 27th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Hi Guys!

With a supercharger tune, what are the main perameters in the tune that should be changed to get the car started and running.

I know that I'll have to change the IFR using RedHardSupra's excellent spreadsheet because of the 60 lbs. injectors, and I'm going to start with a timing table out of a 2002 Camaro,but what else would I need to do to get her running well enough to do an AutoVE?

Can I use the stock 2001 (my year) fuel table to start it with the bigger injectors?

Thanks in advance! :cheers:

DrX
January 28th, 2007, 06:18 AM
For starters, you will have to richen up your PE and bump up any predicted airflow tables.

Only initial change needed for the 60s is the IFR table.

FreddyG
January 28th, 2007, 07:46 AM
For starters, you will have to richen up your PE and bump up any predicted airflow tables.

Only initial change needed for the 60s is the IFR table.

Thanks for your help! I need all of the help that I can get! :cheers:

By predicted airflow tables, could you Please tell me what those are? I'd guess VE table, but since I'm still learning this, I thought that I'd ask.

Thanks again!

DrX
January 28th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks for your help! I need all of the help that I can get! :cheers:

By predicted airflow tables, could you Please tell me what those are? I'd guess VE table, but since I'm still learning this, I thought that I'd ask.

Thanks again!

Bump up table C6101 by something like 50% for starters to avoid triggering "Reduced Engine Power" mode when the boost kicks in.

While you're at it, you might want to increase B5954 to prevent Burst Knock Retard. I have all values set to 1.0 to effectively disable it.

PE values will depend on how much boost you will be running.

For an initial change to the Main VE table just bump up the high RPM/high MAP portion if you will be running off the MAF. Something like this.........

Before:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n241/TDOC2004/VEStock.jpg

After:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n241/TDOC2004/VERadix.jpg

FreddyG
January 28th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Thank You So Much Dr.X! I Appreciate the help!

I'll be running a 3.6" pulley,so it should be 8-10 lbs. of boost. I'm going to sit down right now and see if I can play around in EfiLive and get something started.

Thanks again! :cheers:

DrX
January 28th, 2007, 06:08 PM
You can start with a value of 11.5 in B3618. You can make it a little richer at high RPMs and a little leaner at low RPMs if this is a centrifugal SC. Maybe a value of 85 for B3613 and set B3610 to 0. Knock B3616 down to around 30%.

I think this should get you going. Afterward you can do AutoVE, experiment with modifying various parameters including the above, and maybe go SD.