PDA

View Full Version : 2 LBZ questions

Boost
January 27th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I noticed that when tuning the LBZ there are no transmission options. I understand that the Allison controller has to be read and tuned separately. My question: Is the Allison controller for the newer 6 speed 1000 supported yet, or only the LBZ engine so far?

Also, how come when I go to injection amount, the requested torque based on tps goes into 0 and negative after 3200 or so RPM? My LBZ revs higher than that stock, and I certainly hope I am not requesting -150 torque at 3500 rpm .... ????

Thank you.

lakingslayer
January 29th, 2007, 09:30 AM
It doesn't rev higher than that with your foot on it stock. The cut off is 3250RPM. The redline on your tach is for when it downshifts while no throttle is being applied it will run higher than 3250rpm. With EFILive these things can be changed but be careful. It's a diesel and they are not made to rev like a gasser.

Boost
February 1st, 2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for explaining that. As for my other question, I am still not sure if I have to use up another license to tune my Allison (my LBZ is already licenced).

Also, why would they request -150 torque rather than just 0 ???

Tordne
February 1st, 2007, 02:00 PM
The 6 Speed Allison support is not out yet. When it ships it will not require another license as such as V2 changed to vehicle based licensing instead of PCM based.

Boost
February 1st, 2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks again!