PDA

View Full Version : Injector questions

Whippled 496
January 28th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Looks like i will be using some tax return cash on a set of 60# injectors and an inline 255 pump. I have heard some stories of the 60# injectors being tough to tune, with idle issues and what not. Is there anything else besides the IFR table that needs adjustment? I have a vacuum referenced FPR so the table would be flat just like it is now I assume right? Anyone running this setup in a truck with a return style fuel system that could lend some advice? I am currently at 107% IDC right with my 44lb'ers, so I think 60's would be enough. Need to find someone who has some injector harness adaptors so I dont have to cut any wires.

DrX
January 28th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I think you will be OK with that 496 as far as idle if I didn't have any problems. Table will still be flat.

Don't know if anyone makes the connector adapters yet. Thought someone had them in the works though. I had to put my new connectors together, cut, solder, heat shrink, tape and fab the fuel rail spacers for the 60s. PITA but solid.

billyjo
January 29th, 2007, 03:52 AM
I'm in the same boat, I think I read that Nelson has a kit, but I think you still have to solder your own wires like DrX did. I also thought that I read somewhere that Magna was going to offer 60# with the 122 kit, I would think these would be plug and play but I'm just guessing.