PDA

View Full Version : vin miss match

69camaro5speed
January 28th, 2007, 03:17 PM
has any one gotten the vin doesnt match log and tune files when you know they do also was doing a tune flash and lost conection though i toated it lucky it hadny got far and it saved it

GMPX
January 28th, 2007, 09:46 PM
The VIN mismatch will only come up if the VIN in the log (or currently connected vehicle) and the tune file don't match.
I'm not saying you are not seeing what you are seeing, but I would suggest double check the VIN in the file compared to the log.

Edit - Is this an LBZ?

Cheers,
Ross

69camaro5speed
February 3rd, 2007, 01:37 PM
yes it was a lbz it also had a problem reflashing has a lost conection but after 2 retrys it went though that was last week.this week end i turned it down other tune was killing trans sliping like crazy.went to reflash and said was done when i knew it wasnt because the bar graf never counted down and only took like 3 secs. then got a pcm is in unknow state wouldnt take the tune so i tryed the one that was in it same thing pcms in unknow state and wouldnt go though after trying every thing like rebooting the computer,unpluging the obd 2 contector and 10 tryes it worked,so after that i had a 50hp tune got brave and tryed it went right in,did some logs they came up matching vin ok every thing worked out ok just some scares. i just wanted to give some feed back so you know if others have a problem. i do know the logs match the truck last week because that i just did them and i had that pcm file open thanks rich